Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco vouchers

Options
  • 20-11-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Clubcard vouchers arrived this morning 20.11.17.
    They cover the period to 5.11.2017.
    Additionally, they have 3 spend €60 plus and get €12 off vouchers with operative dates.
    Wouldn't you know it but I spent €80 + on beer about a week ago. If I had received my vouchers promptly I would have saved €12 as I would have been able to use one of them :(.
    Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TBH, I don’t understand what you’re looking for. If you’ve been getting vouchers for a while now, you’ll know that there’s always a gap between the end date and the date they arrive .

If you had wanted to use the vouchers, you should have waited until they arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

AnnaStezia wrote: »
    Clubcard vouchers arrived this morning
    Any ideas ?

buy more drink, and make presents of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

dudara wrote: »
    TBH, I don’t understand what you’re looking for. If you’ve been getting vouchers for a while now, you’ll know that there’s always a gap between the end date and the date they arrive .

If you had wanted to use the vouchers, you should have waited until they arrived.

I think they're saying that the vouchers are only valid until the 5th November but only arrived on the 20th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

How about bringing back the beer for a refund and then buying it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Clareman wrote: »
    How about bringing back the beer for a refund and then buying it again?

The hooligans at the party left nothing except the cans for recycling :)

• Advertisement

I had forgotten about the vouchers being due. However, in addition to the usual vouchers they included some of the extra ones I described - I had no idea I would be getting those :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wheety wrote: »
    I think they're saying that the vouchers are only valid until the 5th November but only arrived on the 20th.

I interpreted it to mean that vouchers were based on points earned to November 5th.

OP - can you please clarify?

I interpreted it to mean that vouchers were based on points earned to November 5th.

OP - can you please clarify?

Sorry I should have been clearer.

There were 2 sets of points in the mailing.

1 set was the points earned to 5.11.17.

1 set was 3 additional vouchers of the buy €60 plus and get €12 off.
    Each of those vouchers has an end date of validity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Got these 3 extra vouchers 15 off 70 spend, each valid for the next 3 weeks, 1 per week starting this week

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

After reading all posts, I still don't get it. Either buy more stuff and use the vouchers, or don't buy stuff, and let them go to waste. That's how they work. There's nothing you can do about stuff you bought last week, it's too late to use vouchers on those now. So unless your plan was to never buy anything else for the rest of your life, you can still use the vouchers you received.

• Advertisement

After reading all posts, I still don't get it. Either buy more stuff and use the vouchers, or don't buy stuff, and let them go to waste. That's how they work. There's nothing you can do about stuff you bought last week, it's too late to use vouchers on those now. So unless your plan was to never buy anything else for the rest of your life, you can still use the vouchers you received.

If I had received the vouchers timeously I would have been able to get €12 off the €80 plus worth of beer that I bought on Sunday 12.11.17.:rolleyes:

Nobody has died over this but I hate missing a good bargain.................

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

If I had received the vouchers timeously I would have been able to get €12 off the €80 plus worth of beer that I bought on Sunday 12.11.17.:rolleyes:

Points earned till 5th, it would take a few days for Tesco to begin printing probably at 24-48 hours at a minimum to get points balances updated overnight and then sent to the printers to print letter and vouchers for millions of people. Id say you did recieve them in a timely manner to be fair, also you'll probably get good use from them regardless in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 granville

Buy the beer again with vouchers.
    Return the beer for refund with your original receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,022 ✭✭✭✭L1011

granville wrote: »
    Buy the beer again with vouchers.
    Return the beer for refund with your original receipt.

Don't encourage fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

vicwatson wrote: »
    Got these 3 extra vouchers 15 off 70 spend, each valid for the next 3 weeks, 1 per week starting this week

Are the vouchers for the next 3 weeks as above?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1 set was 3 additional vouchers of the buy €60 plus and get €12 off.
    Each of those vouchers has an end date of validity.
    Have these not got a start date and end date on each of them?

Lots of ones I get do, only valid for a week, they are consecutive weeks. Another previous poster described the same.

If yours are like this could you have actually even used them on 12-11-17?

If they arrived and it was out of date I would be asking them for another one, publically on facebook.

Yes, as per my earlier post I got 3 vouchers of 15 off 70 for each week over the next three weeks,

first one valid from today until sunday 26th
    2nd monday 27th to sunday 3rd and
    3rd monday 4th to sunday 10th

Now, what non perishables to stack up on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

L1011 wrote: »
    Don't encourage fraud.

I don't think it's fraud, same as buying something, then seeing it in sale and buying again while returning original

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TheDriver wrote: »
    I don't think it's fraud, same as buying something, then seeing it in sale and buying again while returning original

But the suggestion does not involve returning the original. You buy an item at full price and consume it. Then you buy the same item at a discounted price, bring it back with the receipt from the first transaction and ask them to refund you more than what you paid for the goods you are returning.

That definitely is fraud.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes, as per my earlier post I got 3 vouchers of 15 off 70 for each week over the next three weeks,

first one valid from today until sunday 26th
    2nd monday 27th to sunday 3rd and
    3rd monday 4th to sunday 10th

Now, what non perishables to stack up on?

These 15 off 70 spend vouchers, does Tesco allow you use a 10 off 50 Dunnes Stores in combination with one of their 15 off 70 ones?

So, spend 70 and get 25 off???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

vicwatson wrote:
    These 15 off 70 spend vouchers, does Tesco allow you use a 10 off 50 Dunnes Stores in combination with one of their 15 off 70 ones?

No, they can't be used in conjunction with any other spend and save coupons

• Registered Users Posts: 69,022 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No, they can't be used in conjunction with any other spend and save coupons

Although, if your local store accepts that at the self scan, it will actually let them both go through. Allegedly :pac:

Competitor coupon has to be entered by a staff member, then scan the Tesco one. You need to still be over the required amount for the Tesco one after the competitor value is deducted

And I imagine they'll eventually fix that loophole - some stores won't enter competitor ones at self scan already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I used Supervalu and Tesco vouchers yesterday in Tesco...my shopping ended up at 8 euro.

I like the fact that Tesco sent me reprinted vouchers of ones I had forgotten to use.

I used Supervalu and Tesco vouchers yesterday in Tesco...my shopping ended up at 8 euro.

I like the fact that Tesco sent me reprinted vouchers of ones I had forgotten to use.

amtc wrote: »

At the express checkout or “manned” one?

A personed one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Got nothing from Tesco other than my Christmas Clubcard mailing and the vouchers I had saved for in the Christmas saving scheme. No money off vouchers. Guess they only send them to those they are trying to attract back to the store. Considering I spent over 3k over the year with them they obviously don't value my custom enough to send them anything to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Got nothing from Tesco other than my Christmas Clubcard mailing and the vouchers I had saved for in the Christmas saving scheme. No money off vouchers. Guess they only send them to those they are trying to attract back to the store. Considering I spent over 3k over the year with them they obviously don't value my custom enough to send them anything to me.

Same as you, but got dunnes stores vouchers so will be using them with Christmas saving scheme vouchers, I think the dunnes are better value at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Anyone else not get any vouchers in post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

honeybear wrote: »
    Anyone else not get any vouchers in post?

Yeah, got my points but no vouchers

Advertisement