Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

doubt you'd be missing much, saw him at Glastonbury a few years ago and he was utter sh1te. lots of cheesy songs and his mixing was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Pity, looks like Richie Hawtin and Justice on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you pick Hawtin over Justice you're a trout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Bit of an issue lads, looking for answers

I bought a 2 day ticket thinking I'd be free to go both days, however I now know I'm unavailable the Saturday, but the Sunday is still fine

Can I still use my 2 day ticket on the Sunday as is, even though I didn't go to the Saturday?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Bit of an issue lads, looking for answers

I bought a 2 day ticket thinking I'd be free to go both days, however I now know I'm unavailable the Saturday, but the Sunday is still fine

Can I still use my 2 day ticket on the Sunday as is, even though I didn't go to the Saturday?

Cheers!

I think you can but im sure someone with a Sunday ticket would be grateful for that swap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Toobz wrote: »
    I think you can but im sure someone with a Sunday ticket would be grateful for that swap?

If I could find someone I'd gladly swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

If I could find someone I'd gladly swap!

Try Toutless. You might even get some pints money out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

times and after parties announced. Sunday night in Wigwam with Ben UFO b2b Floating Points b2b Four Tet is the pick of the bunch

https://nialler9.com/forbidden-fruit-announce-stage-times-night-parties/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nestegg

Only 30 minutes for Spoon!!! That makes no sense as everyone else is getting at least 45 minutes. Hopefully it's a typo...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hopefully this hot spell will keep up for the next week or two, will make up for the wet one last year, it looks like Life might get another nice weekend though.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

nestegg wrote: »
    Only 30 minutes for Spoon!!! That makes no sense as everyone else is getting at least 45 minutes. Hopefully it's a typo...

The Monday times seem to include a typo or two - David Kitt ends at 4.45 and Unknown Mortal Orchestra starts immediately? That doesn't add up. There is then an hour break after UMO before Spoon starts and gets a shortened set. Also doesn't add up.

Either UMO must be starting later (or they're setting up while David Kitt is playing!!) or Spoon's set is starting earlier. Or both.

There's also an hour gap between Thundercat and Warpaint; and Superorganism (with a very enjoyable 33 minute album to their name) have an hour for their set, according to the current timetable...

I wouldn't be surprised to see a revised Monday come out before the event really because there's a few unusual ones there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Full weekend ticket going for €140 ono. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dreamgoat

Selling Saturday\Sunday ticket, €100. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conorf597

Selling a 3day ticket (hard copy) for €120. Have to get rid of as I've been called into work

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DH90

Have a student ticket, am not a student. Do they check for student ID when entering for that type of ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nestegg

They have fixed the Monday timetable, Spoon are playing for an hour. Winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any idea what time it will finish up on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

10.45pm usually it finishes up on the button. Decided to get a ticket for the Sunday and Monday in the end, hope the weather holds up! The War on Drugs closing out the main stage on the Monday night in the sun would be perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

What's the best place to park within walking distance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Anyone selling a Sunday ticket please PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

Does anyone know how much the after parties are? And do they sell out quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I'm 42 and heading with mates of similar age for a 20 year type reunion...will we feel old?!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ata S.

I'd like to go as well if anyone's up to meet, all my mates are busy. PM me please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

what facilities do they have at this? Any craft beers and nice food stalls etc? or just Rockshore and curry chip stands? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

gebbel wrote: »
    I'm 42 and heading with mates of similar age for a 20 year type reunion...will we feel old?!

You’ll feel very old. I say that as a 31yr old that’s heading as well.

But with the weather looking good, just go and enjoy yourself with your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

mystic86 wrote: »
    what facilities do they have at this? Any craft beers and nice food stalls etc? or just Rockshore and curry chip stands? :p

It is sponsored by Bulmers so unlikely to be any actual craft beer. Maybe they've one of the craft style (aka we dropped a bag of hop flavour in our regular larger vat) on the roster but wouldn't bet on it.

Food wise it was the standard festival fare for these days. Some variety but it'll hardly be Taste of Dublin.

I'm heading out on Monday only so if Saturday and Sunday people could all stand very still when it rains so not to leave it a mudbath for us please.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Forbidden Fruit Festival

We regret to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control Earl Sweatshirt will not be touring Europe this weekend...we apologise to his fans, he hopes to return to Dublin very soon! See updated stage times below!🎉

34140941_1738712556175662_4824980218970112000_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=5a28a26004fac8c5e6d92e42c92eeb46&oe=5B8269CA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

gebbel wrote: »

You'll be grand. I'm the same age and have gone by myself the last two years and enjoyed it, strangers buying me beers etc. Only for a few hours though...going on Monday for Warpaint / War on Drugs.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Does anyone know if there are tickets on sale on the gate? I'm nearby and I'm thinking of walking over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

My mate got a sat and Sunday ticket but can't go on Saturday. Is it possible for someone to use his ticket for the Saturday and then go to the Sunday himself?

Advertisement