Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby shower Food

Options
  • 20-11-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys
    I'm organising a surprise baby shower and was just wondering would people have an idea with on the food as iv never done anything like this before ?  
    Is it possible to buy platters anywhere in Dublin that would be suitable , just finger food sambo's and chicken wings and wedges or is there any where that people would recommended that would do the catering ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: I've moved this into the Dublin City forum, you're more likely to get replies in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Do you mean just buy the platter or buy platters of food?

May not be what you're after, but I know around D12 there's a few Chinese that do platters.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

O'Briens will do platters of sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I've used these before: http://www.sweetcicely.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I've used these before:  http://www.sweetcicely.ie/
    Hey thanks for4 the info ,
    When you used them did you just collect the platters or use the catering service ?

• Advertisement

Do you mean just buy the platter or buy platters of food?

May not be what you're after, but I know around D12 there's a few Chinese that do platters.
    Buy the platters of food

When you used them did you just collect the platters or use the catering service ?

I used the catering service.

I used the catering service.
    Thanks I got in contact and they told me them minimum for a weekend catering is 250 euro but that would be just way to much food for what we need, but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

A fair few chippers do platters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I know around D12 there's a few Chinese that do platters.
    Kablamo! wrote: »
    A fair few chippers do platters.

Jesus lads a bit of sophistication never hurt anyone. It's a baby shower not a stag night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pelvis wrote: »
    Jesus lads a bit of sophistication never hurt anyone. It's a baby shower not a stag night.

:D:D:D

Bang of notions off this.

...just finger food sambo's and chicken wings and wedges ...

The OP asked about chicken wings and wedges. It's reasonable to expect them to come from a Chinese or chipper. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How about Subway or O Briens?

beertons wrote: »
    How about Subway or O Briens?
    I think i'll give O Brien's a go not a fan of Subway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

:D:D:D

Or 21st.... I remember the chicken balls vividly from a few years ago!

Advertisement