Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey or No Jersey!

Options
  • 20-11-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I am organising a charity cycle and I wanted to get feedback in relation the expectations/preferences of the cycling community.

See poll above!

What would be your preference for a Charity Event 38 votes

Souvenir Jersey
    0% 0 votes
    Finisher top & Medal
    15% 6 votes
    Neither - lower entry fee
    10% 4 votes
    Other (Please comment)
    73% 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Topless. Deffo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

My GDBR t-shirt went to the charity shop, I vote neither

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

I'm not sure I can give you a specific answer, I probably did 7 or 8 charity cycles this year (mostly organised by local clubs) and definitely don't need/want a Souvenir Jersey from each one.

But there are probably one or two bigger cycles I'll do next year that I'd appreciate some kind of a Souvenir from. So I'd probably prefer to have an option if it was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

I like a medal as a memento. I never end up wearing the jerseys again as I find they never fit well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I like the idea of a medal, as long as it's as good as the Reservoir Dog one! A choice at the application stage seems a good idea to me. I don't mind jerseys but probably wouldn't wear t-shirts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

the best I got from a sportive was a mug from the first Ring of Clare cycle. Use it every day

Any Jersey I got goes in a box and I might wear it on the Turbo.
    Have any medal I got hanging in the garage along with any “race number” or bike tag you get

Our club got cycling caps made up for this years annual event. A bit of a novelty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

A small memento is nice, but i'd rather see more of the money go towards the charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Unless it’s a particularly notable and big sportive then no, no need for a jersey. I have two that I got on sportives and I never wear either and I got another at another sportive that I cycled to and I left it behind me afterwards as I couldn’t be bothered to have it stuffed in my rear jersey pocket on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Every charity ride jersey I’ve received over the years has been awful, too many logos, cheap materials, poor colour choices, not very well designed and a bad fit.

I wonder if you had a decent company make a quality jersey with a good design would it be worn after the event and provide much needed advertising for the said charity.

Because of the above I voted Neither btw.

Advertisement