Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas trees (real)

• 20-11-2017 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

There is usually a thread recommending good value real Christmas trees. Where is reommended and how much usually?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

I've been getting mine from Birdhill (yes, I know it's not Limerick) for the last 2 years, €35 for a good 7ft non shed. Also got a 12ft one for €65.

It's on the Birdhill to Ballina road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

davo2001 wrote: »
    I've been getting mine from Birdhill (yes, I know it's not Limerick) for the last 2 years, €35 for a good 7ft non shed. Also got a 12ft one for €65.

It's on the Birdhill to Ballina road.

Thanks. 35 is good. That is nearby. Is it a yard theyre selling them in? And are they for sale now?

McSween wrote: »
    Thanks. 35 is good. That is nearby. Is it a yard theyre selling them in? And are they for sale now?

From last years thread, not sure if they are for sale yet. Mightn't be for another week or so.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101844318&postcount=15

From last years thread, not sure if they are for sale yet. Mightn't be for another week or so.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101844318&postcount=15

Davo is there a phone number for the Birdhill seller do you know. I messaged Garryowen twice about their trees and they didnt bother replying.

Davo is there a phone number for the Birdhill seller do you know. I messaged Garryowen twice about their trees and they didnt bother replying.

I'm not sure tbh, but, I did get mine yesterday (yes, I know it's early).

€35 for 7ft and a lovely tree also.

We actually went on Saturday but they didn't have any 7ft ones, the lady said they would get 10 cut down and to come back in a hour.

Edit: These are the guys, you might mesasge them on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/HayesChristmastrees/

• Advertisement

I'm not sure tbh, but, I did get mine yesterday (yes, I know it's early).

€35 for 7ft and a lovely tree also.

We actually went on Saturday but they didn't have any 7ft ones, the lady said they would get 10 cut down and to come back in a hour.

Edit: These are the guys, you might mesasge them on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/HayesChristmastrees/

Excellent thanks mate.

I sent them a message. Will they put the tree into a net for easy transporting?

I sent them a message. Will they put the tree into a net for easy transporting?

Yeah, they have the equipment there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Does anyone know where to get smaller real tree's? 4 or 5 ft ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Think garryowen rugby have then on sale againe this year. Normally Saturdays and Sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

I went to the guys out Birdhill as per the recommendation here. Cant recommend them enough!!! Lovely couple and got a great deal. 6ft and stand for €35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is it not too early to be putting a real tree indoors, will it discolour and lose it's pines if it's in a heated house from now til early January?

I went to the guys out Birdhill as per the recommendation here. Cant recommend them enough!!! Lovely couple and got a great deal. 6ft and stand for €35

You got a stand also. That is brilliant. Im going to go to them this weekend. Ill ring them first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

You got a stand also. That is brilliant. Im going to go to them this weekend. Ill ring them first

passed their place a couple of days, seem to have a good few (trees) in the yard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

phog wrote:
    Is it not too early to be putting a real tree indoors, will it discolour and lose it's pines if it's in a heated house from now til early January?

No. It certainly won't lose colour but all trees will shed to some extent. It will help a little bit if you can place it in water. Some Christmas tree stands can also be filled with water.

Got it today. Nice family. The cars on that road need to slow down. The tractor blocking at the gate was blocking vision on one side. Maybe somebody should direct the customers when pulling away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I presume the guys in Birdhill will be open this evening? Their facebook page just says 'Always Open' under business hours and I don't have an account to message them under :-/

Advertisement