Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Hotspot

Options
  • 20-11-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hello, I have a Meteor PAYG data sim in my iPad.   However, the personal hotspot option does not appear to be setup.  How do I configure this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Mycro wrote: »
    Hello, I have a Meteor PAYG data sim in my iPad.   However, the personal hotspot option does not appear to be setup.  How do I configure this?

Thanks.
    Hi Mycro,

Thanks for getting in touch. Is this not appearing on your iPad at all or can you just not enable it?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

eir: Adam wrote: »

Thanks.
    Hi Mycro,

Thanks for getting in touch. Is this not appearing on your iPad at all or can you just not enable it?

- Adam
    Adam, the option doesn't appear.  I suspect it may need the APN to be defined if Meteor (eir) settings don't get pushed to an iPad?

Under Mobile Data, I have an option to "Setup Personal Hotspot" but I get the error "To enable personal hotspot on this account, contact Carrier"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Thanks.
    Hi Mycro,

- Adam
    Adam, the option doesn't appear.  I suspect it may need the APN to be defined if Meteor (eir) settings don't get pushed to an iPad?

Under Mobile Data, I have an option to "Setup Personal Hotspot" but I get the error "To enable personal hotspot on this account, contact Carrier"
    Can you try the following APN settings, please? Let me know if you're still having issues when you try these.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Connection name: eir Mobile data
    Data bearer: Packet data or GPRS on some handsets
    Access Point Name (APN): broadband.myeirmobile.ie
    Username: N/A
    Prompt password: N/A
    Password: N/A
    Authentication: None
    Homepage: [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]https://my.eir.ie/[/font]

- Adam

Advertisement