Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday TV (50"-55") HELP

Options
  • 20-11-2017 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm in the market for a 4k Smart Tv 50"-55" in the Black Friday sales. The problem is I'm having real trouble comparing TVs and figuring out what's a good deal and what's not. The model numbers are all so similar and it's hard to know what the differences are between them.

My budget is €6-€700 and would prefer a Sony or Samsung but would consider LG or others too if it was a very good deal.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Tusky wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm in the market for a 4k Smart Tv 50"-55" in the Black Friday sales. The problem is I'm having real trouble comparing TVs and figuring out what's a good deal and what's not. The model numbers are all so similar and it's hard to know what the differences are between them.

My budget is €6-€700 and would prefer a Sony or Samsung but would consider LG or others too if it was a very good deal.

Can anyone help?

Hopefully I can help, I've spent a lot of time today looking for the same thing,
    basically I narrowed it down to the Sony KD55XE7003BU and the
    LG 55UJ630V.
    Both seem fairly similar to me except the LG has a playback feature that allows you to watch TV you have missed over the previous week and it also comes in around 150 euro cheaper.
    Richersounds are the best price I can find (549 pounds) and they give a 6 year warranty too which is unreal.
    I just paid for mine there and it was 556 pounds including delivery, looks a good bit cheaper to pay in pounds rather than euro.
    Hope this helps.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hopefully I can help, I've spent a lot of time today looking for the same thing,
    basically I narrowed it down to the Sony KD55XE7003BU and the
    LG 55UJ630V.
    Both seem fairly similar to me except the LG has a playback feature that allows you to watch TV you have missed over the previous week and it also comes in around 150 euro cheaper.
    Richersounds are the best price I can find (549 pounds) and they give a 6 year warranty too which is unreal.
    I just paid for mine there and it was 556 pounds including delivery, looks a good bit cheaper to pay in pounds rather than euro.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks a million for your reply. I can't seem to find the KD55XE7003BU on Richersounds?

Do you mean this one? http://richersounds.ie/p-202710-bravia-kd55xe7002.aspx

Tusky wrote: »
    Thanks a million for your reply. I can't seem to find the KD55XE7003BU on Richersounds?

Do you mean this one? http://richersounds.ie/p-202710-bravia-kd55xe7002.aspx

The Sony one I was looking at was 799 euro in Harvey Norman.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Medam

Hi
    I'm in the same situation - don't know where to start or how to compare them
    What's the difference between the LG 55UJ630V and the LG 55UJ670V? And is the 670v worth the extra 50pounds?

Or is it worth paying a bit extra for the Samsung UE55MU6400?
    Many thanks for any help or advice offered

Medam wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm in the same situation - don't know where to start or how to compare them
    What's the difference between the LG 55UJ630V and the LG 55UJ670V? And is the 670v worth the extra 50pounds?

Or is it worth paying a bit extra for the Samsung UE55MU6400?
    Many thanks for any help or advice offered

Hi Medam,

I just ordered the UE55MU6400 on Richersounds - the price dropped to £630 today which is a really good deal. Delivery is £20 so it works out at about €730 if you pay in pounds. And it comes with a six year warranty.

I had the MU6100 before and found it very good for a budget 4k set. This is a couple of models up so think it's a good price.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for the heads up... it wasn't available to purchase online yesterday on Richersounds!!
    So that's great delighted with that

As this is my first TV purchase & am in a new house, is there anything additional I need to purchase with it?

Also any advice on a wall bracket and where to get it? Thanks again

Thanks a million for the heads up... it wasn't available to purchase online yesterday on Richersounds!!
    So that's great delighted with that

Pay in pounds and you'll save another few bob, I saved about 30 euro.

As this is my first TV purchase & am in a new house, is there anything additional I need to purchase with it?

Also any advice on a wall bracket and where to get it? Thanks again

You shouldn't need anything else. Possibly some batteries for the remote (it probably comes with them) and you might need a HDMI cable. It will probably come with one but you might need an extra one or two depending on what you're hooking it up to. These can be bought pretty much everywhere and are v.cheap.

I don't like mounting TVs so don't know anything about brackets, sorry. The Richersounds guys are very helpful though - I'd give them a call.
    Pay in pounds and you'll save another few bob, I saved about 30 euro.

Apologies - my original post said pay in euro but this was a typo. I had meant to say pay in pounds.

Thanks guys
    Appreciate the advice and the heads up on richersounds with the Samsung. It's ordered anyways... so Fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement