Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is my phone provider?

Options
  • 20-11-2017 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,112 ✭✭✭✭

I rang in to your support centre last Friday and was told by a rep that if I dialled 199000 it would indicate who my phone provider is. I called the number but it tells me my home phone number. That's a big help seeing as I have this phone number for 30 years. So what number do I call to see who is providing the service?

Just when Im here. Eir were to provide me with home phone and broadband service from 11/11/2017. Broadband service has been moved from previous provider but the line and calls were not transferred. Thats quite ridiculous. 

So I'm in a position now where I'm still being billed by the previous (still current) line and call provider and no doubt Eir will bill me for the same. I'll probably cancel again as I'm within the 14 day cooling off period but I haven't actually cooled much myself with this level of service. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

muffler wrote: »
    I rang in to your support centre last Friday and was told by a rep that if I dialled 199000 it would indicate who my phone provider is. I called the number but it tells me my home phone number. That's a big help seeing as I have this phone number for 30 years. So what number do I call to see who is providing the service?

Just when Im here. Eir were to provide me with home phone and broadband service from 11/11/2017. Broadband service has been moved from previous provider but the line and calls were not transferred. Thats quite ridiculous.

So I'm in a position now where I'm still being billed by the previous (still current) line and call provider and no doubt Eir will bill me for the same. I'll probably cancel again as I'm within the 14 day cooling off period but I haven't actually cooled much myself with this level of service.
    Hi muffler,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm very sorry to hear this, if your calls have not been transferred over to us yet we would be unable to bill you for them. Feel free to PM me your account details, name on the account and I'll look into this for you.

To get your phone provider you would need to dial 19800, an automatic message will call it back to you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 46,112 ✭✭✭✭muffler

PM sent.

PM sent.
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks 

Tracey 

19800 is the correct code

Karsini wrote: »
    Apologies my mistake. Thanks for letting me know :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,112 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The 198000 did work for me but I'm assuming it must have connected before the last 0 digit in the number. I was using a cordless phone and entered the number and pressed the call button.

The 198000 did work for me but I'm assuming it must have connected before the last 0 digit in the number. I was using a cordless phone and entered the number and pressed the call button.
    That's perfect, thanks for the update. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement