Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery charge issue

• 20-11-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

So last week I popped a battery into my mod (Asmodus Stride) and the battery level meter started jumping all over the place, like a Cylon's eye from Battlestar Galactica. The mod then settled down but shows the battery as only being 1/4 charged.

Fully charged up 3 other batteries, LGHG2's (old) and Sony VTC6's (brand new) with the same result of the mod only showing them charged to 1/4 level.

Any idea's whats causing this as the mod seems to work fine but only having a quarter charge is a real pain. I'v no other mod that take a battery so can't check them out that way and haven't been near a vape shop to try a mod/battery that way.

Note:
    The LGHE2's are as old as the mod (8ish months) but the Sony VCT6's are brand new. The mod battery level wen't nuts on the older LG battery. The battery level indicator only went crazy once and charging a battery via the usb cable made no difference. Edited to add, charging via usb cable has the battery indicator going repeatedly from empty to full so not a screen glitch issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Sounds like one or both battery contacts on the mod are possibly corroded or dirty. Try cleaning with alcohol and cotton tips.

Failing that, you could be looking at a failed chip/board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Sounds like one or both battery contacts on the mod are possibly corroded or dirty. Try cleaning with alcohol and cotton tips.

Failing that, you could be looking at a failed chip/board.

Never thought of that will give it a try :)

Advertisement