Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any word about the new shopping centre in Sligo town

Options
  • 20-11-2017 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if there is any word on the shops that are going into Embankment House (I think that's the name of it) or when its opening.
    I have heard rumors that JD and Starbucks are going into it and that it should be open before Christmas, is this true? I am asking because I can't see any mention of it online so I am curious to find out what you guys know.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Damien Tansey Solicitors moved in this or last week, scaffolding on down in last few days on face lifting the out side, and for what ever interor work they were doing. No sign that I have seen of any of the units opening soon though, hope to god its not a Starbucks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Agree re: Starbucks or anything similar! According to the Weekender (I think) negotiations are taking place with prospective tenants but nothing to be divulged until contracts signed.
    I reckon anything you hear in the meantime is just speculation or dreaming!
    Great to see it being occupied again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Where is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The former ESB building in Thomas street,

It is the large building on the right hand side once you cross the bridge following the flow of traffic.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZK5NkTGzF342

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Drag00n79 wrote: »
    Where is this?

The Old ESB Building. Across from The Belfry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

I wouldn't be calling it a shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Weren't they looking for M&S to go in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

Weren't they looking for M&S to go in there?

Crikey M&S, Starbucks, new shops. Where is everyone going to park? Even if they built an underground car park somehow, they are surrounded by narrow one way system. That corner is crazy bottle-neck as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

I feel the council should knock more of the unused units to make room for the roads to get and out through the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

It was supposed to be open in November from what I heard. Hopefully it's done by christmas.

From what I understand VERY few people in the making of this know about future tenants. Must be to keep a buzz about it.

As regards to parking, I honestly never understand why this is cried about so often when the likes of the carparks at Connaughton Rd (side WITHOUT tenants) and The Mall are rarely if ever full. It's seriously not much of a "trek in to town". Plenty of Sligo people happy to take the train to Dublin to go shopping carting plenty of bags back but god forbid they not park DIRECTLY outside a shop in Sligo?

• Advertisement
Advertisement