Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking in bray?

Options
  • 20-11-2017 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere free to park in Bray midweek near the civic offices, or if not, where is the nearest place, and I will get there early and walk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Best advice I can offer is Park in Lidl at the bottom of the town and walk up. Takes about 10 minutes.

Otherwise you will have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Down at garda station is free.

Along the dargle at Dublin side is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Sidmonton Road would be closer...

But to be honest, just park in the Florentine car park - it's cheap as chips and just down from the Civic Offices

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amascid

Usually park in Lidl- no problems so far

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You could park in tesco vevay road and walk down

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks all, went with Lidl and there were no problems, may try some of the other options mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you're doing that on a regular basis rather than a one off, be aware that you do of course run the risk of being clamped, it being a private car park for Lidl's customers. Ditto for Tesco or any other private car park.

Alun wrote: »
    If you're doing that on a regular basis rather than a one off, be aware that you do of course run the risk of being clamped, it being a private car park for Lidl's customers. Ditto for Tesco or any other private car park.

Not true about Lidl at all. No signs there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

murpho999 wrote: »
    Odd. I don't use the Bray Lidl, but there certainly are in the Greystones one, so I assumed there would be in the Bray branch. I personally wouldn't park there either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

murpho999 wrote: »

Are there signs in Tesco to say you will be clamped?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    Odd. I don't use the Bray Lidl, but there certainly are in the Greystones one, so I assumed there would be in the Bray branch. I personally wouldn't park there either way.

I have parked there loads of times and never had an issue. It's not checked at all. Lidl have enough issues staffing their tills let alone having somebody check the car park. Remember as well that Lidl Greystones shares car park with other stores so it's run differently.

There are definitely no signs and cars are never ever clamped there. I would not be surprised if that changes though.

Are there signs in Tesco to say you will be clamped?

Well there was a Euro Car Pars sign on the left side of the entrance stating a maximum of 3 hour parking but not sure if still there as I don't go to Tesco that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Anybody know if there is free parking near the DART station? If not, how much does it cost for Mon-Fri? Same question for Shankill DART station?

JustShay wrote: »
    Anybody know if there is free parking near the DART station? If not, how much does it cost for Mon-Fri? Same question for Shankill DART station?

Shankill you could park up around shankill Garza station, bray is similar if up at garda station parking is free any closer its all pay parking.

Shankill you could park up around shankill Garza station, bray is similar if up at garda station parking is free any closer its all pay parking.

So park in one of the estates around the Garda Station in Bray (and Shank)?

Is the Seafront all pay parking?

JustShay wrote: »
    So park in one of the estates around the Garda Station in Bray (and Shank)?

Is the Seafront all pay parking?

Correct on all of those.

Correct on all of those.

Cheers

Advertisement