Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice regarding loan for deposit

Options
  • 20-11-2017 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Looking for some advice. Have searched around though am none the wiser. Selling apartment and buying a house. Need the 10% deposit for the house purchase. Is there any specific types of loans I should be looking at. It will be a short term loan, as apartment is paying for it when cash comes through. Roughly €30,000.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

That’s a bridging loan and not very common any more.

Can you not buy/sell as part of a chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sibyrne

amcalester wrote: »
    That’s a bridging loan and not very common any more.

Can you not buy/sell as part of a chain?

We are buying/selling as part of chain though have been told we need to come up with the deposit. Not very clued in when it comes to buying selling. What is the normal process here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

sibyrne wrote: »
    We are buying/selling as part of chain though have been told we need to come up with the deposit. Not very clued in when it comes to buying selling. What is the normal process here.

Full despising or booking deposit?

And when told you this?

amcalester wrote: »
    Full despising or booking deposit?

And when told you this?

Booking deposit was paid. They are looking for a 10% deposit before the contracts are signed. From what I took

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Booking deposit was paid. They are looking for a 10% deposit before the contracts are signed. From what I took

Is your mortgage not dependent on selling the apartment? I don't see how you can sign contracts until the apartment is sold

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    Is your mortgage not dependent on selling the apartment? I don't see how you can sign contracts until the apartment is sold

It's the deposit payable on signing the first contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Dont sign anything until your buyer signs the contract and pays deposit.

Mike3549 wrote: »
    Dont sign anything until your buyer signs the contract and pays deposit.

Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

See if they’ll accept a lower deposit. Honestly getting into more debt is a bad idea

See if they’ll accept a lower deposit. Honestly getting into more debt is a bad idea

Agreed. Realistically is only until the money comes through for the sale of the apartment. Talking weeks realistically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

taking out a loan could affect the mortgage for the new property. Honestly talk to the agent. It happens a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Which you can't or at least shouldn't sign unless you are certain on the mortgage which I assume you arent unless the apartment closes

Advertisement