Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewrey site

Options
  • 20-11-2017 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Any developments on the site has any decession decided on the future of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

PeterCasey wrote: »
    Any developments on the site has any decession decided on the future of it.

Isn't there a thread on this already? Anyhow nothing I've heard unfortunately. Really hope it's not left to nothing (like the Mart site has been for a decade plus).

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

So the County Council envisage a multi-storey carpark on the site (but want to keep it quiet for the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Mankbag wrote: »
    So the County Council envisage a multi-storey carpark on the site ..

Do you have a link
    Mankbag wrote: »
    ..but want to keep it quiet for the moment.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

There's a piece in today's Kilkenny People. Also something on KCLR's website.

In-council meeting of one of the Council committees last week. The idea was aired. Patrick McKee vocally against.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

http://www.kilkennycoco.ie/eng/RSSLatestNewsAndAnnouncements/Proposed%20Masterplan%20for%20Abbey%20Creative%20Quarter,%20Kilkenny.33160.shortcut.html

Is this what was discussed at the council meeting last week?
    Looks fantastic, only concern I would have (with limited knowledge of it) is its going to very hard to be all those different things on the space provided. There talking about a through road, a riverside parkway, student accommodation, a university wing and commercial space. Hope they dont try and squeeze in too much, to their detriment.
    Either way I think it'll be fantastic for the city. Like the guy says, how often does a fully developed city get a sudden injection of 16 riverside acres, centrally located.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

delaney001 wrote: »
    http://www.kilkennycoco.ie/eng/RSSLatestNewsAndAnnouncements/Proposed%20Masterplan%20for%20Abbey%20Creative%20Quarter,%20Kilkenny.33160.shortcut.html

Is this what was discussed at the council meeting last week?
    Looks fantastic, only concern I would have (with limited knowledge of it) is its going to very hard to be all those different things on the space provided. There talking about a through road, a riverside parkway, student accommodation, a university wing and commercial space. Hope they dont try and squeeze in too much, to their detriment.
    Either way I think it'll be fantastic for the city. Like the guy says, how often does a fully developed city get a sudden injection of 16 riverside acres, centrally located.

I see Joe Malone's white-whale skatepark is thrown in there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

To be honest Joe Malone does a lot of good work behind the scenes with youth groups around Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyHilfiger

Are Kilkenny going to get any funding like Waterford for the development of the brewery site I know on the short term they are hoping to put a temporary car park there.

Are Kilkenny going to get any funding like Waterford for the development of the brewery site I know on the short term they are hoping to put a temporary car park there.

I think there was some funding a while back mentioned but really we will have to rely on ourselves I think. The new National Development plan is dreadful for Kilkenny and indeed Carlow. Absolutely nothing in it for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

A University wing? Has anyone heard rumours as to what this might be? - Maynooth University moving from Kieran's College or part of the mythical South East Technical University.

• Advertisement

A University wing? Has anyone heard rumours as to what this might be? - Maynooth University moving from Kieran's College or part of the mythical South East Technical University.

All talk. Nothing without the funding and definite plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

You can rent an office in it if you wish!!! http://www.daft.ie/kilkenny/commercial-property-for-rent/offices-for-rent/brewhouse-kilkenny-kilkenny-489063/

If you click on the pdf brochure in the ad there's loads of renders and maps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I see some digging work going on there today.

Advertisement