Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for New computer

Options
  • 20-11-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new computer for xmas, I have an old dell computer around 10 years old that's as slow as a week and basically shagged.
    Looking to know could I buy a laptop or something similar and hook up to the printer as it's perfect, I'm a novice when it comes to technology.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Shouldn't be problem to get printer connected to new laptop/PC.

The things to be aware:
    1. if printer is old it might not have drivers available for latest operating system like Windows 10. You can check printer manufacturers website for supported OS for your model.
    2. Unles your printer is network capable(Ethernet or WiFi) you will have to connect it over USB and this would reduce your "mobility", or you have to share it from PC it is connected to. In order to print you will have to have that PC running

If you post your printer make and model here, would be easyer to advice you on your options

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

its a dell printer,around 8 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If you post your printer make and model here, would be easyer to advice you on your options

Check label on the device(back/side/bottom) or at least some letters/numbers on the front/face of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DanielL18

Have a look at the Dell website. They still doing black Friday sale.

Got a laptop from them last year and am happy out with it.

Advertisement