Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ammo not being consistent

Options
  • 20-11-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

bought 4 boxes of federal ammo 80 grain for the 243, first 2 boxes from the same batch were spot on tapping groups mostly sub moa, 3rd and 4th box have being poor 2 inch groups is this due to different batches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

I use federal 80g too. I apsolootly love them very accurate in the 243. Have not had a issue ever with them. Hopefully a dogey batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

nigelm485 wrote: »
    I use federal 80g too. I apsolootly love them very accurate in the 243. Have not had a issue ever with them. Hopefully a dogey batch.

i'd say its a dodgy box ****ed them back into the box, i'll try a different box it has a different batch number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Were they stored anywhere that fluctuated a lot in temperature ? That can cause grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33

Federal is usually good, ive yet to get a bad box. Have you tried giving the barrel a good scrub?

Damoeire33 wrote: »
    Federal is usually good, ive yet to get a bad box. Have you tried giving the barrel a good scrub?

It's a new rifle lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Do you have a friend with a .243 who could try a few of the rounds through their rifle?

Hunter456 wrote: »
    It's a new rifle lad.

How new? Are these the first rounds through it?? If they are a good clean might sort you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

It can also take a while for a barrel to bed in and settle down.

changed to a different batch of bullets smack on the bulleye at 100 yards so definitely a bad batch.

Hunter456 wrote: »
    changed to a different batch of bullets smack on the bulleye at 100 yards so definitely a bad batch.

Good news!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement