Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric shower

Options
  • 20-11-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

hi... bought a triton electric shower amber 3.. got plumber to take out old t90 si and fit the amber 3... the t90 was connected to the tank.. electrician wired it up and it's not right... not the same power and no heat at all... any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I think that shower may be a mains water fed one. If so, and still connected to the attic tank, it wont work right.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

gonna ring triton tomorrow.... I kinda understand the no power bit but think there should be a little heat coming from the head...

iron man wrote: »
    gonna ring triton tomorrow.... I kinda understand the no power bit but think there should be a little heat coming from the head...

It wont heat the water if the water pressure is too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Were all the connections and plugs for packaging taken out/off.

Is there power going to it.

That's a mains fed shower, you will need to get a pipe from mains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

iron man wrote: »

The Amber III is a mains fed shower....you need a plumber, I think...to connect it to mains water...

Have a look at page 19/20 here:

https://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/media/custom/upload/File-1359712540.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You bought the wrong shower. You need to fit the triton t90sr silent shower to replace the old triton t90.

Mains fed showers aren't very suitable for most of Ireland. They account for only around 1 percent of showers in Ireland. The water temperature can fluctuate just because your neighbour is running a washing machine. Some people can only get hot water at off peak times. In very bad areas it's possible that you will only get hot water between midnight and 7am.

Because the shower is connected to the attic tank you are only getting a quarter bar of pressure. You need three quarters to 1 bar of pressure to activate the pressure switch. If the switch isn't activated then no electricity goes to the element. Thus only cold water.

You've two options. One get a plumber to replumb the shower to the mains and take your chances with the water temperature fluctuations or two install the triton t90sr. My advice is to go with the triton t90sr

Yea the mains fed showers are a total pain. Even if you have decent dynamic pressure on the mains, use anything else in the house such as toilets etc, and it can affect them. Turn on the cold tap in the kitchen, and its badly affected then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

BTW there's no point in ringing Triton Ireland as your new shower is not intended for the Irish market. They will have nothing to do with it. As it's been installed I doubt anyone will take it back. You might get some of you money back by selling it on Adverts or Donedeal

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

well.. I spoke to triton...they told me to try and take it back to my purchaser.. I explained my case... got my money back and bought the triton90sr. fitted it in.. job done... thank god

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Nice one :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement