Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene III - Red Moon over Thurmunton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Thread split. Everybody except Saeros and Othegre move to the new Act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

ooc:
    SPLITTERS!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

OOC: Xanthea moves to the new thread, by flying on a DRAGON *sticks tongue out at Saeros*

OldGoat wrote: »
    Saeros sits in the chair, curiosity getting the better of him.
    The chair pulses and Saeros's nerves feel electrified.

The room begins to blur.

OOC: OldGoat pick a word:
    Wood
    Steel
    Fire

Wood. t'is my elvish nature.

• Advertisement

The room vanishes and Saeros finds himself in the middle of a wood, with six moons in the sky. A large boat of a kind hangs in the sky, with fires greater than any he has ever seen at its stern.

A man in strange clothing dismounts from a kind of floating object and removes a white helmet.

"Are you alright citizen?" He looks at the chair. "This a hobby of yours? Sitting in expensive chairs when you're on shore leave. The ship 's leaving in two hours so don't doddle. I can take you back to port if you wish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard gives Elin, Moy, Xanthea, and Bandy a pouch of 125GP.
    He passes a pouch of 25GP to Goodie.

Elin refuses the pouch. "As I said before we entered that place, I'll not take any share of a bounty involving you and the dwarf. You've both shown yourselves to be oathbreakers and I won't accept tainted treasure.
    In any case, I did nothing in the tomb but stand around and pick my nails so I don't deserve any of the gold."

Banjo wrote: »
    She's sad to see the ol' cornea crusher go. The noise is coming from above... The slime originally came at her from below...

She examines the residual slime on the ground to see if it reacts to her new... state. With no other exits apparent she walks back down the stairs to the intersection where the blink stone left her and examines the other 2 branches for an indication of which way the slime came from.
    The slime seems to have no interest in her. It doesn't even stick to her, but just slides right off, inactive.

She follows the slime up the stairs to the north. Leading to a passage going West and one going South. The slime goes West.

"A moment sir, I am a tad confused."
    Saeros takes a deep breath and looks around, trying to put some sense on what he's seeing. He draws strength from the familiarity of being in a woods even if there are too many moons in the sky.

"Your garb, Sir, is strange to me. Are you a knight? And that steed you are on is magic? What port do you refer too. Last, but not least of all, what the **** is that on fire in the sky?!"

I rise from the chair and bow ever so slightly. "I am Saeros."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"don't get too excited, the fruit outright repelled it, didn't make a cuss of a difference when mammy came home... Why wouldn't she? I'm delicious!... Wow, you really know how to make a girl feel good about herself. "

She looks down both corridors, looking for traps but also to see if there are stairs up or down at the end of either.

"...I *am* listening to you, but how do we know I'll be able to do it again? I should consider bo... Oh look fine!"

She huffily sits down, closes her eyes and tries to levitate.

• Advertisement

"Your garb, Sir, is strange to me. Are you a knight? And that steed you are on is magic? What port do you refer too. Last, but not least of all, what the **** is that on fire in the sky?!"

I rise from the chair and bow ever so slightly. "I am Saeros."
    "Yes it is magic. A standard flotation spell bound to the crystal in the front port here keeps her going."

He opens a lid on the object and Saeros sees a gem inside.

"Hasn't been knights in quite a while Sir, not since the kingdoms disbanded. Have you just woken up from a hibernation spell or something? The ship is a spelljammer boat.

Saeros, ah an elf, I'll take you to my commander. Maybe he knows how to help."

OOC: Would Saeros have any knowledge (if not practical experience) of this plane or am I totally out of my depth?

"A spell, yes, I think that must be what happened. There was a chair, with symbols and I sat on it. Next thing...here."

A moment of reflection is quickly replaced with Seros slipping into a well worn act of overt enthusiasm and insatiable curiosity...and an attempt to get free food.

"A flotation spell, that's fantastic. I'm gonna try using a floating disk spell when I can to make a cart fly. I have got to get me one of these! Are these crystals common?
    Forgive my rambling, I think hunger has the best of me. Would you like a share of my rations and wine? I can eat as we go meet this commander of yours. Is he or she in the Spelljammer?
    By the way, that look amazing. Is it the only Spelljammer or are there more? Do you ever race them against each other?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin refuses the pouch. "As I said before we entered that place, I'll not take any share of a bounty involving you and the dwarf. You've both shown yourselves to be oathbreakers and I won't accept tainted treasure.
    In any case, I did nothing in the tomb but stand around and pick my nails so I don't deserve any of the gold."

"This ain't a share in the treasure lass, its feeder money for our trip to the tower, if your not acceptin' your share in church treasure, then you best take this, as its tower quest funding, not looted treasure."

"I didn't make any oaths to break."

She huffily sits down, closes her eyes and tries to levitate.

"Nnnnnnnnnnngh! Hrrrrrrrrrp! Oh Simon, if I keep this up I'm going to soil my chainmail..... Why would that make any difference?.... Fine, fine..." She stands, puts one hand on her hip and stretches the other out above her. She leaps forward a few times exclaiming
    "Excelsior! Othegre away! To the phlogiston and beyond!"
    She then realises that maybe she shouldn't be giving away her position to Soet or the elf just yet...

"Nnnnnnnnnnngh! Hrrrrrrrrrp! Oh Simon, if I keep this up I'm going to soil my chainmail..... Why would that make any difference?.... Fine, fine..." She stands, puts one hand on her hip and stretches the other out above her. She leaps forward a few times exclaiming
    "Excelsior! Othegre away! To the phlogiston and beyond!"
    She then realises that maybe she shouldn't be giving away her position to Soet or the elf just yet...
    Othegre rises slightly into the air and then falls back down again.

The corridors seem trapless. The one leading east seems to have stairs at the end of it. It's also the direction the slime leads.

OOC: Would Saeros have any knowledge (if not practical experience) of this plane or am I totally out of my depth?
    OOC: You'd know you are in an alternate material plane. Your kind is aware they exist and a few elders have managed to go to one and back. Given your age, you would have read of the Spelljammer plane at some point. Most alternate planes contain an elf species.

"Lots more Spelljammers. You know what, that chair sounds like it moved you across planes. Thank you for the food, but I'm well catered for back on the ship. My commander is on the ship indeed. Do you want to hop on?"

He gets on his floating cart.

Fourier wrote: »
    Othegre rises slightly into the air and then falls back down again.

The corridors seem trapless. The one leading east seems to have stairs at the end of it. It's also the direction the slime leads.

East it is! (On foot)

East it is! (On foot)
    Othegre ascends the stairs to find herself in a room with a library and study chair. Except they hang upside down from the ceiling.

A corridor running north forms the library's exit. The slime also runs north.

Othegre ascends the stairs to find herself in a room with a library and study chair. Except they hang upside down from the ceiling.

A corridor running north forms the library's exit. The slime also runs north.

"D'jors balls! ...no! *I'm* the right way round... Look, you can walk on your own 8 legs.... Yeah, I thought so... Is it wrong that I want to smash that chair? .... Hahaha, no that's fair but seriously what the - wait, are those jewels? Ah now, the slime is ****ing with us now. Witness me now - I'm going to destroy that chair. NO ONE PUTS A CHAIR ON MY CEILING!"

She takes out her haunted mace and desperately tries not to **** herself while getting to the damned chair

OOC: You'd know you are in an alternate material plane. Your kind is aware they exist and a few elders have managed to go to one and back. Given your age, you would have read of the Spelljammer plane at some point. Most alternate planes contain an elf species.

"Lots more Spelljammers. You know what, that chair sounds like it moved you across planes. Thank you for the food, but I'm well catered for back on the ship. My commander is on the ship indeed. Do you want to hop on?"

He gets on his floating cart.

Saeros pries loose the gems from the chair and pockets them, hoping they are only for decorative purposes rather than being an integral part of the magic.
    He climbs on behind the Spelljammer crewmember after making a note of where the chair is in the woods so that he can find it again when needed.

"Can I drive the flying cart?" /Leans over, eyes wide with excitement looking at the controls, wondering if he holds the cart and sits on the chair will it transport both the cart and he back to his own realm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sKeith wrote: »
    "This ain't a share in the treasure lass, its feeder money for our trip to the tower, if your not acceptin' your share in church treasure, then you best take this, as its tower quest funding, not looted treasure."

"I didn't make any oaths to break."

Elin raises a pointed eyebrow at Ekbard and reluctantly takes the pouch.
    "whatever you say.........sir" she says snarkily.

"I know it's not working! I'm dead, I'm not simple, Simon... That is ridiculous... No!... Why would that... If that slime beast comes through the door I'm going to look so stupid. Fine, fine, I'll give it a go. Just shut up!"

She tries climbing the wall

She tries climbing the wall
    Othegre slides down the wall and hits the ground with a thump.

Othegre hears the complex vibrate once more. From which direction it is hard to tell.

"Well, what do you expect?? I can't concentrate with incessant pulsing of your weird tubey heart!
    *sigh*
    Can't fly. Can't climb. Can't shoot fire out of my eyes. I'm beginning to think I'd be better off at the bottom of that chasm."
    She gestures at the roof chair.
    "You win this round. But this isn't over."

In the distance something rumbles.
    "Alright alright! Keep your mucus on! Dinners coming!"
    She heads off in whatever direction the slime leads

She heads off in whatever direction the slime leads
    She walks up the corridor leading North. It joins with a similar corridor and continues ahead. Slime extends along both the parallel tunnel and they conjoined tunnel

OOC: Continue down conjoined tunnel or turn and walk down parallel tunnel?

She walks up the corridor leading North. It joins with a similar corridor and continues ahead. Slime extends along both the parallel tunnel and they conjoined tunnel

OOC: Continue down conjoined tunnel or turn and walk down parallel tunnel?

Ooc : you asking me or my God? If I'm back in the consultation business, I'll let fate decide. Otherwise continue on.

Ooc : you asking me or my God? If I'm back in the consultation business, I'll let fate decide. Otherwise continue on.
    OOC: You are still a Cleric if that is what you mean.

Othegre consults her charm. A single answer. Has Soet's influenced wanted? Who cares? Any open eye. This parallel corridor must be explored.

"Nice to have you back, ma'am" she mutters before hairpinning back

• Advertisement

The slime simply continues and enters a empty room with only a set of stairs going down at the end of it. The slime leads down.

Advertisement