Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up to new contract without consent.

Options
  • 20-11-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I had previously signed up to a 24 month contract for mobile, broadband, home phone and TV in November 2015 - so it was due to expire this month. I had a problem with my mobile phone back in May this year and needed a new one, so I contacted eir by telephone to enquire about getting a new phone. I made it clear to the person I was speaking to that I was not interested in a new bundle contract because of ongoing issues with the broadband service. I asked them to split the bundle so I would have a new mobile contract and to ensure my home phone, broadband and TV contract would expire in November 2017 - I even asked them to put a note on my account to ensure that I could get a new broadband provider come November. 
    Now, I just assumed that this would be done and made the very large mistake of not following up on it. However when I recently checked myeir online I see that I have been tied into a new contract for the entire bundle until May 2019. This is despite explicitly stating that I would not have purchased a new mobile phone if it meant I had to sign up to a new bundle contract and being assured by eir that this was not the case. I have not had, and will not have the opportunity to ring eir for the past few and next few days due to work commitments, so can one of the reps here check this out for me please.

Reasons for leaving eir broadband/home phone/TV: Constant outages, multiple modems, poor service which I never use and multiple TV boxes too, being charged for items I was sent for free (although I did get a refund), not being sent homeplugs when they were part of the original order, poor wifi range from the modem, sketchy customer service and now this. All that being said, I'm happy enough with the mobile service for now - even though my wife isn't as she hasn't been able to see either hers or any of the kids bills since they moved across from meteor, so I reckon ye'll be losing three more customers there eventually too.

I'd appreciate it if someone could get back to me on the issue above regarding my contract. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I had previously signed up to a 24 month contract for mobile, broadband, home phone and TV in November 2015 - so it was due to expire this month. I had a problem with my mobile phone back in May this year and needed a new one, so I contacted eir by telephone to enquire about getting a new phone. I made it clear to the person I was speaking to that I was not interested in a new bundle contract because of ongoing issues with the broadband service. I asked them to split the bundle so I would have a new mobile contract and to ensure my home phone, broadband and TV contract would expire in November 2017 - I even asked them to put a note on my account to ensure that I could get a new broadband provider come November. 
    Now, I just assumed that this would be done and made the very large mistake of not following up on it. However when I recently checked myeir online I see that I have been tied into a new contract for the entire bundle until May 2019. This is despite explicitly stating that I would not have purchased a new mobile phone if it meant I had to sign up to a new bundle contract and being assured by eir that this was not the case. I have not had, and will not have the opportunity to ring eir for the past few and next few days due to work commitments, so can one of the reps here check this out for me please.

Reasons for leaving eir broadband/home phone/TV: Constant outages, multiple modems, poor service which I never use and multiple TV boxes too, being charged for items I was sent for free (although I did get a refund), not being sent homeplugs when they were part of the original order, poor wifi range from the modem, sketchy customer service and now this. All that being said, I'm happy enough with the mobile service for now - even though my wife isn't as she hasn't been able to see either hers or any of the kids bills since they moved across from meteor, so I reckon ye'll be losing three more customers there eventually too.

I'd appreciate it if someone could get back to me on the issue above regarding my contract. Thank you.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you. If it is noted on your account you have nothing to worry about here, however, notes on accounts aren't reflected on my eir. We can also arrange for the call to be listened to from when you agreed to this so you will receive exactly what you were promised on the phone if it wasn't noted on your account. 

Are you still experiencing issues with your service? if so, I'll look into them when you PM me your details.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you. If it is noted on your account you have nothing to worry about here, however, notes on accounts aren't reflected on my eir. We can also arrange for the call to be listened to from when you agreed to this so you will receive exactly what you were promised on the phone if it wasn't noted on your account. 

Are you still experiencing issues with your service? if so, I'll look into them when you PM me your details.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam. PM sent

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam. PM sent
    Thanks, I'll get back to your PM with an update.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Thanks for all your help Adam. For anyone else reading I don't mind saying that my contract stands as originally agreed over the phone, and I'm happy with the outcome. My mistake.

Thanks for all your help Adam. For anyone else reading I don't mind saying that my contract stands as originally agreed over the phone, and I'm happy with the outcome. My mistake.
    No problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement