Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on registration certificate and 25kw

Options
  • 20-11-2017 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Need some help on this one. I have a full A licence since 2003 with as many years no claims, so I can ride any bike. Just calling that out to avoid confusion.

I picked up a used 2008 ER-6. I was aware that the previous owner had it restricted by the dealer. The plan was to remove the restriction.
    I just received the new registration certificate in the post. I noticed in (P.2) it states 25KW engine Max Net Power.
    Do I just fill out a new form to get the details changed? It mentions in the notes about a declaration form. What form is it? Would I have to prove the new power output and how/where would I get that?
    What is the legality of removing the restriction and not updating anything? I am not planning on doing anything illegal, I don't need to, just wondering.

Anyone been in same situation?

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

dclifford wrote: »
    Need some help on this one. I have a full A licence since 2003 with as many years no claims, so I can ride any bike. Just calling that out to avoid confusion.

I picked up a used 2008 ER-6. I was aware that the previous owner had it restricted by the dealer. The plan was to remove the restriction.
    I just received the new registration certificate in the post. I noticed in (P.2) it states 25KW engine Max Net Power.
    Do I just fill out a new form to get the details changed? It mentions in the notes about a declaration form. What form is it? Would I have to prove the new power output and how/where would I get that?
    What is the legality of removing the restriction and not updating anything? I am not planning on doing anything illegal, I don't need to, just wondering.

Anyone been in same situation?

If it was me just remove the restrictions and insure as full power.

Advertisement