Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mig welder problems

Options
  • 21-11-2017 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I’m running a murex Mig welder 260 tradesman single phase welder and of late it keeps tripping the fuse board . I had no problems with it before and now it’s acting up can anyone give any light on the subject thanks

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Odelay

Are you running it on an extension lead? Try it without the lead. If it works you may need a heavier duty extension lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

It does sound like a problem with the power getting to the welder than in the welder itself. The no problems beforehand could have just been softening up the power cable and it's only showing problems now that the sheaths have melted a bit.

Is your trip switch powerful enough?
    It should be rated for 40amp for this particular welder.

Is the cable coming to the welder thick and strong enough?
    It should be 4mm for this model.

Manual.
    http://www.murexwelding.co.uk/manuals/other/Instruction%20Manuals/Tradesmig%20180-210-260-1.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Billyw75 wrote: »
    Hi I’m running a murex Mig welder 260 tradesman single phase welder and of late it keeps tripping the fuse board . I had no problems with it before and now it’s acting up can anyone give any light on the subject thanks

What breaker is it tripping. MCB, or RCD. What rating if its the MCB?

Are you using it on the same circuit as before when it worked ok?

Advertisement