Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping and bleeding gums/bad breath

• 21-11-2017 1:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

As per the title iv been vaping about 2 months now after quitting the fags. Used to smoke about 7 or 8 a day.
    Iv noticed my gums are bleeding every time i brush my teeth and my breath is smelly. My mouth feels dry no matter how much water i drink also.
    Im using a cheap e cig and am wondering if that could be part of the problem.

Anyone any experience or input?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Autochange wrote: »
    As per the title iv been vaping about 2 months now after quitting the fags. Used to smoke about 7 or 8 a day.
    Iv noticed my gums are bleeding every time i brush my teeth and my breath is smelly. My mouth feels dry no matter how much water i drink also.

Thanks

Firstly,I wouldn't use any of those cheapo egigs,you never know what liquid they have.
    The dry mouth is normal with vaping but not what you are suggesting,dehydration goes with vaping,it all depends on your set-up & flavour of liquid that you will get different levels of dryness.

Never heard of the smelly breath or bleeding gums while vaping,it must be that ecig you are using.
    I know that some vapors suffer from being allergic to liquids if using too much PG or VG in their liquids.

You need to get yourself a decent set-up like the Zelos Kit,these are selling fast but I've found it here https://thevapeclub.ie/product/aspire-zelos-kit/

here's a video about the Zelos... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJsbOm8-SAQ&index=21&list=PLetTP-xlhMvvzH2XEXXjXIfqGAsoMpVZs

If you need more questions answered,just ask here,one of us will be able to help you...

PS: Found it cheaper here https://www.bargainvapour.com/Aspire_Zelos_50W_TC_Box_MOD_-_2500mAh/p1274299_17414389.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Thank you for taking the time to reply and posting links. In interested in the Aspire you linked. I currently use a k3 and mouth to lung 12mg tobacco flavour juice at 1.8 ohms. My k3 only needs the coil changed every few weeks or so.

What are the serviceable parts on the Zelos?
    Is this a good unit for mouth to lung?
    Is 1.8 ohms the correct settings for mouth to lung?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thank you for taking the time to reply and posting links. In interested in the Aspire you linked. I currently use a k3 and mouth to lung 12mg tobacco flavour juice at 1.8 ohms. My k3 only needs the coil changed every few weeks or so.

What are the serviceable parts on the Zelos?
    Is this a good unit for mouth to lung?
    Is 1.8 ohms the correct settings for mouth to lung?

Thanks.

I just checked out the K3 on Youtube & it uses the same 1.8 coils as the Nautilus 2,these are all MTL coils,I've been using those coils for about 4 years & they are still the best out there https://www.bargainvapour.com/Aspire_Nautilus_-_K3_-_BVC_Coils/p1274299_12784633.aspx

The differences between the K3 Tank & the Nautilus2,same capacity,Nautilus2 is a top fill & a lot more control with the airflow ring,the Nautilus2 will leak at every fill because it floods the coil,this happens to a lot of top fill tanks but there is an easy fix for that which I'll explain later if you wish to buy.
    There is another Nautilus that uses the same coils https://www.bargainvapour.com/Aspire_Nautilus/p1274299_12041477.aspx it has a bigger capacity of 4.5ml but it is a bottom fill like your K3.

Differences between the K3 & the Zelos mod,the Zelos has double the battery life,more control with the wattage & Temp control,it has a screen which shows you a battery bar,the ohms of the coil & also your wattage.

All the Nautilus's are great,here's another https://www.bargainvapour.com/Aspire_Nautilus_Mini_BVC/p1274299_12654978.aspx & they all take the same coil,something to think about...

The only other MTL tanks is re-buildable ones,no more coils to buy,like the Siren2 or the Beserker & there is a new one being released soon & designed by a top MTL reviewer on Youtube.

Regarding mods,they are all up to scratch,look at this Pico for €16 https://vapewild.eu/eleaf-pico-75w/
    A brilliant mod..
    I'll let you think awhile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Thanks

It seems to me that you have gum disease and the e-cigs are aggravating it...when you use e-cigs it's not just the vape that will irritate your gums but also the sucking action.
    I don't think you will solve the problem until you see a dentist and get the infection treated

archer22 wrote: »
    It seems to me that you have gum disease and the e-cigs are aggravating it...when you use e-cigs it's not just the vape that will irritate your gums but also the sucking action.
    I don't think you will solve the problem until you see a dentist and get the infection treated

That did cross my mind. Booked for next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

archer22 wrote: »

^^ What he said. I never heard of vaping doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

The switch could also be a resin,increased blood flow/circulation after giving up smoking could result in it

To add closure to this.

Visit to the dentist revealed a gum infection with the quitting of smoking and return of blood flow being a factor. 1 week of tablets and the problem has been solved. Thanks for the replies

Stealthirl wrote: »
    The switch could also be a resin,increased blood flow/circulation after giving up smoking could result in it

You were right

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Bleeding gums when you first quit smoking is not that uncommon. This is usually a sign of circulation improving after you quit smoking allowing more blood flow to the gums. It should ease off in time, it did for me anyway! But you really should go to the dentist to get them check out just in case!

• Advertisement
Advertisement