Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambulance Camper Conversion Help

Options
  • 21-11-2017 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hello all new to the camper scene. I've just got my hands on a Renault master ambulance I will be converting it into a camper.

So has any body on here gone through a ambulance conversion and can give me any info with registering and converting it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

nigelm485 wrote: »
    Hello all new to the camper scene. I've just got my hands on a Renault master ambulance I will be converting it into a camper.

So has any body on here gone through a ambulance conversion and can give me any info with registering and converting it.

Thanks

Do you reckon anybody ever died in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

Well who knows I wouldn't say so it's been in the civil defence for the last 13 years and nobody but it was with the hse for 2 years before that.

Wouldn't bother me to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Scuba_Steve4

Hey!
    Stubbled across this post researching for my van. I recently acquired a Renault Master ex ambulance that has already been converted (mostly) needs a lot of work with completing the CVRT and getting re-classed as a camper for cheaper rate of motor tax. But its most of the way there.

As far as I can gather from my vans history its ex NHS was imported into Ireland in 2012 then converted.

What year is your van?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

Hey!
    Stubbled across this post researching for my van. I recently acquired a Renault Master ex ambulance that has already been converted (mostly) needs a lot of work with completing the CVRT and getting re-classed as a camper for cheaper rate of motor tax. But its most of the way there.

As far as I can gather from my vans history its ex NHS was imported into Ireland in 2012 then converted.

What year is your van?

Mines a 01 in really good nick. Do you know what the steps are to get it converted for the crvt . I really want to get stuck in but don't know where to start.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bohoe

nigelm485 wrote: »
    Mines a 01 in really good nick. Do you know what the steps are to get it converted for the crvt . I really want to get stuck in but don't know where to start.
    Cheers

Hey guys,
    Do you know what sort of tax is paid for an ambulance? Can it be driven on a B while the conversion is in process, with less than 8 seats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

bohoe wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Do you know what sort of tax is paid for an ambulance? Can it be driven on a B while the conversion is in process, with less than 8 seats?

Depends on the GVW, but insurance will be a big problem.

Advertisement