Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development at rugby pitch (Maynooth)

Options
  • 21-11-2017 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what’s going on at the north end of the rugby pitch that is beside the harbour? The old wall that was on the Straffan Road has been taken apart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Anyone know what’s going on at the north end of the rugby pitch that is beside the harbour? The old wall that was on the Straffan Road has been taken apart.

I don't think that's a rugby pitch; everyone in the town for more than a few years just calls it the Harbour Field

Its the next stage of the "north south corridor", it's a pedestrian/cycle route bypassing the main street that will also be usable by emergency services (presumably remote controlled bollards); the junction at Supervalu will be changed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

anyone know when this is supposed to be finished? seem to really be dragging the arse out of it, at least on the Straffan Rd. part, 1 of the 2 lanes towards the main street was coned off last week....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

anyone know when this is supposed to be finished? seem to really be dragging the arse out of it, at least on the Straffan Rd. part, 1 of the 2 lanes towards the main street was coned off last week....

I hear it's scheduled to go on for..... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I see they're digging up the path on the opposite side this week, across from Three Pin/the coffee shop.

Advertisement