Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexi Rent Arrears

Options
  • 21-11-2017 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi I am in arrears with flexirent (I know I should have stayed clear) I have the item in question, I am willing to return it and clear debt.

I had a person from flexirent arrive at my door yesterday to hand in a letter demanding payment.

Can I ask is this normal legal pratice? I undeerstand they are welll entitlted to pursiue payment, but doorstopping someone?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Have you rang them to offer to return? It isn't doorstepping, they are handing over a letter in person so that you can't say you never received it if they have to go further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah, just too easy for people to say "oh, it got lost in the post", because it's impossible to disprove.

If all they did was hand you a letter, then I don't see the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

CramCycle wrote: »
    Have you rang them to offer to return? It isn't doorstepping, they are handing over a letter in person so that you can't say you never received it if they have to go further.

I rang and sent e-mail.

I just wasn't sure if normal practice to call to the door with letter, at least send registered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

bigguns2 wrote: »
    I rang and sent e-mail.

I just wasn't sure if normal practice to call to the door with letter, at least send registered.

I have heard of it before, particularly when rent increases are being notified. It's not common but it is not unusual either.

Advertisement