Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 bill years ago

Options
  • 21-11-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi
    Had my contract changed on Three then a few minutes later get a call from a UK number saying it's o2 and did I have a bill or with o2 in the past.
    Yes I had a bill years ago when it was o2 I found i was over charged which was a disgrace.
    They rang asking me to confirm was I with o2 but I don't know who it was so I said no. I thought o2 was gone from here.

Will this go any further? When I said no they said ok thanks goodbye.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Probably scammers.

Dont engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Seanmul89

Probably scammers.

Dont engage.

It's just when I updated my details with Three they rang afterwards, I did have a bill with them years ago which and ignored the debt collection letters then never anything again until now. They're only in UK now right? So they have no say or rights here !!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its Credit Insights. You've got a black mark on your name that the system flagged.

ED E wrote: »
    Its Credit Insights. You've got a black mark on your name that the system flagged.

Ok so what now? They rang and asked me, I said no not me and that was it.

Technically, it probably constitutes fraud. Unlikely they catch it though, or do anything about it if they do other than nuke the account.

• Advertisement

Technically, it probably constitutes fraud. Unlikely they catch it though, or do anything about it if they do other than nuke the account.

How fraud? On my part? But I dunno who it was, English number and no o2 in Ireland anyone can ring me and say it's someone in particular!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If a bill is over 6 years old, then they can't take action.

I reckon it a scam call. Three bought o2 Ireland and all accounts were transferred to them.

I'd ignore it. Also even if it was genuine and you believe its not due because of overcharge (o2 had quite an issue with overcharging), then you have a clear conscience.

Seanmul89 wrote: »
    How fraud? On my part? But I dunno who it was, English number and no o2 in Ireland anyone can ring me and say it's someone in particular!

Obtaining a contract/service by deception as you said no. Them not IDing themselves is something that would have to be teased out legally (itd never get there). UK number is just outsourcing.

The only thing Id worry about is hassle getting your number back later if they ever copped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Credit Insights only applies to new customers who signed/renewed contracts post September 2016. If the OP had defaulted on an o2 debt this would not be put on CI database as the OP would have had to agreed with this in contract with o2.

If not a scam what most likely happened here is Three amalgamated data from previous o2 customers and got a hit in their own databases.

Advertisement