Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ican Gandia 2018

Options
  • 21-11-2017 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

I'm thinking of doing this race as it suits my schedule and is something really interesting location-wise. Would anybody have any information on it though, anybody here done it before and have something to share?

What I figured after a bit of a research is that this is quite a fast course with 6 laps on the bike and (presumably) something like 8 on the run, but I can't seem to find out the usual interesting stuff like what's the support like, are roads closed, what's the availability of nutrition, expected air/water temp. etc.

http://www.icantriathlongandia.com/en/

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

iAcesHigh wrote: »

quite a fast course with 6 laps on the bike and

i wonder if the 6 laps has anything to do with it being a fast course...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

are you suggesting 122 people on 30 k lops have more of an drafting issue than 2400 on a 90 k loop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

by "fast" I meant flat actually :)

@Peter - would that mean 122 is the rough amount of avg participants?

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    by "fast" I meant flat actually :)

@Peter - would that mean 122 is the rough amount of avg participants?
    they had 122 starter last year the have already sold 104 places for next year.
    they also run a half the same day that had some 335 people last year ( i assume it starts later and donst interfere with bike ( but i dont know )
    weather should be very similar what one would expect for barcelona IM its later but also further south , so typically more on the milder side and valencia does have 300 sunny days a year and close to 3000 hours of sunshine a year.
    ( and there can be rain as october and november like barcelona are the 2 month with the most rain and it could be hot ;-) water should be 21 22 degrees.

mossym wrote: »
    i wonder if the 6 laps has anything to do with it being a fast course...
    peter kern wrote: »
    are you suggesting 122 people on 30 k lops have more of an drafting issue than 2400 on a 90 k loop ?

wonder. verb
    desire to know something; feel curious.

having never heard of the race before I've no idea how many enter it.

so no, i wasn't really suggesting anything.

but to play your game. are you suggesting 122 people on a 30k loop is the same speed as 122 people on a 180k loop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Wouldn't recommend it. Few years ago entered, paid cancellation insurance. Was unable to race, let them know beforehand yet was never able to get the refund. They just played dead after an initial response.

Roll on 2016, met a French triathlete abroad. We chatted about races and he mentioned a disaster of a race he had done run by the same company. He said it was a shambles organisationally, so in hindsight not sorry I missed gandia.

mossym wrote: »
    wonder. verb
    desire to know something; feel curious.

having never heard of the race before I've no idea how many enter it.

so no, i wasn't really suggesting anything.

but to play your game. are you suggesting 122 people on a 30k loop is the same speed as 122 people on a 180k loop?

we ask a question by ending with an ellipsis rather than a question mark ?

peter kern wrote: »
    we ask a question by ending with an ellipsis rather than a question mark ?

peter. in fairness. read your own signature and then consider if you want to lecture anyone on punctuation

Advertisement