Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to disclose a claim?

Options
  • 21-11-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm approaching my renewal on my car insurance and I just want to know how long do you have to disclose a settled claim with the insurance company? I had a crash over four years ago and they both claimed whiplash. the payout was 22k and I have been burdened with high insurance since. I'm just wondering how long do I have to disclose the claim because some companies state either 3/4 years on their website or do I still have to disclose my accident with them?

Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Answer the insurers questions correctly, most ask if you've had a claim in the previous 5 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dowling06

aujopimur wrote: »
    Answer the insurers questions correctly, most ask if you've had a claim in the previous 5 yrs.

Cheers for the answer. So basically you only have to answer what they ask you correctly? If they ask me 3 years rather than 5 and I say I have no claims in the last 3 years I will be covered in the case of an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Yes, but which companies have you seen asking for 3? I've not seen any of them that ask for less than 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dowling06

Yes, but which companies have you seen asking for 3? I've not seen any of them that ask for less than 5 years.

Online Aviva state 3 years and 123 ask 4 years online. Might be different over the phone but hopefully I can get a company to ask for 4 years as it would make a huge difference.

Advertisement