Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing 2 linkeds old floodlights with LED ones..

Options
  • 21-11-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I have two old floodlights on either gable of the house both with PIR's. If one is triggered then the two both illuminate which is fine, problem is they are old and want to replace with 2 x new LED ones with PIR. There seems to be a difference though as the old ones have 4 terminals, L, L1, N, Earth ( 2 x browns, 1 x blue , 1 x green/yellow )where as the new LED's only have three wires - standard L,N,E (yellow/green, blue and brown) , where does this extra brown live wire get wired into?
    Thanks
    Shooter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

shooter69 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I have two old floodlights on either gable of the house both with PIR's. If one is triggered then the two both illuminate which is fine, problem is they are old and want to replace with 2 x new LED ones with PIR. There seems to be a difference though as the old ones have 4 terminals, L, L1, N, Earth ( 2 x browns, 1 x blue , 1 x green/yellow )where as the new LED's only have three wires - standard L,N,E (yellow/green, blue and brown) , where does this extra brown live wire get wired into?
    Thanks
    Shooter

Spoke to a sparks earlier so basically I can’t link the two floodlights as they only have 3 terminals I.e no L1 terminal , I’ll have to do without but no matter I suppose !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

I take it the PIR is attached to light fittings not seprate?

Usually...
    A PIR will have a permanent supply in.
    And a switch wire out to your load (lights in your case)
    And a neutral and earth conductor.

Would you like both lights to operate if 1 PIR is activated?

Advertisement