Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build House - Eir Service?

Options
  • 21-11-2017 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I recently moved into a new build house and cannot get an answer from EIR as to whether they can provide Braodband and TV to our house despite the fact that our neighbours just around the corner have EIR and we know EIR lines run through the whole estate.

Builders have also confirmed EIR should service the house and we have an Eircode.

Can someone please explain why this could be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

orourkc7 wrote: »
    I recently moved into a new build house and cannot get an answer from EIR as to whether they can provide Braodband and TV to our house despite the fact that our neighbours just around the corner have EIR and we know EIR lines run through the whole estate.

Builders have also confirmed EIR should service the house and we have an Eircode.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you have moved into a new build there may not be a line in place at your home yet. You may need to place an order for a landline and when it goes active we will be able to test it for broadband.

If you PM me your eircode I can see if I can check what's available at your address, however, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to give you more information than you received on the phone. 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5 orourkc7

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you have moved into a new build there may not be a line in place at your home yet. You may need to place an order for a landline and when it goes active we will be able to test it for broadband.

If you PM me your eircode I can see if I can check what's available at your address, however, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to give you more information than you received on the phone. 

- Adam
    pm sent - thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

- Adam
    pm sent - thanks
    Thanks,

I'll get back to your PM with an update.

- Adam

Advertisement