Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick councillors want to increase speed limits on city road

Options
  • 21-11-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭

They say you get the politicians you deserve, and if that's true we must have done something really bad to deserve this bunch.

They want to increase the speed limit on a road with cycle lanes through a wildlife sanctuary and leisure amenity. On the very same road there has been a number of fatalities in recent years.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057811364

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

About time - 50 kph was always ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I don't like this mantra of 'we only agreed to the cycle lanes and bus lane in order to get the funding'

What sort of clowns are we dealing with?

Bus lane infrastructure and cycling infrastructure needs to be developed, not strangled. These guys are now coming out of the long grass and stating quite clearly they were never onside in the first place. Limerick has such potential but we are constantly held back by these parish pump idiots.

As to this one, I have heard it many times from people pissed off about that road. I'm not an engineer, but if they move the cycle lanes on to the path (and there is plenty of room), will this be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

marienbad wrote: »
    About time - 50 kph was always ridiculous

No, it wasn't. There's a number of pedestrian crossings on the road. There's a cycle lane in each direction. It goes through a wildlife sanctuary and leisure amenity. And a number of people were killed along it in recent years, including a school child. It only makes sense to increase it if you ignore all the above.

Advertisement