Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in D15

Options
  • 21-11-2017 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully someone will correct me, but going by Daft and MyHome there is literally f**k all property to rent in D15 as a whole be it a one bed apartment or a 3 bed house.

Plenty of granny flats going for nearly 1k which you can cook you dinner while in your bed.... bargain basement!

Anyone recently got a place rented or searching at present?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You're out of luck and anything that does come up there are queues out the door. It's a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Viewed some places a year ago in D15 - no joke, I was one of on average 25 couples turning up to each place. We moved out to maynooth and were very lucky with what we got, because I don't think it is massively different out here either.

No choice but to look at buying this year - lucky to be in such a position. A horrific mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Goat of Lochmarne Castle

It's really shocking though given the size of the area, and sheer amount of houses and apartments in Dublin 15, all that's available is garden shed studios averaging 1000 euros a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thanks all.

Not looking to move out that direction just yet but myself and herself are 4 years together in February so ideally the hunt would start mid next year. I've just got a new job in the City Centre (2 min walk from Bachelors Walk bus stop) while she works in Clonee Village (doesn't drive).

Going by OPs it could be another year of saving and then take the plummet of a mortgage rather than trying to get some crappy bedsit/granny flat for 1k a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's pretty insane alright given the size of the area.
    I still don't get it. You would think there would be dozens of listings coming and going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

I have two properties right beside me that have been empty for months now, one needs a lot of work done to it due to a fire the others last occupant left in August, a property management company are in control of both but are refusing to do anything with them.

These are both four bedroom houses and would be off the market within a day or two with the demand that’s out there but this crowd seem to be waiting on rents or outright prices to rise before they will do anything.

I’m sure this isn’t the only case of this happening in the market and the government or local councils should be made put pressure on them especially if as you suggest there’s no stock on the market in Dublin 15 at the minute.

Advertisement