Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEJoG June 2018

Options
  • 21-11-2017 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭

Well folks, myself and a few of the lads have decided to take this on in June.

So far all we know is we are doing it in June, we haven't decided on how long to do it over just yet or any other details, we are thinking of roping in somebody to drive a rental van for us or even a camper if we can work it out, picking one up near Lands End and dropping it back to Inverness is working out around €200(discount through work) for 10days for a van and about €2k for a camper. Another €150 can be added to this for fuel. This means we won't have to carry panniers, which if I'm honest I've no interest in doing and we can have a comprehensive tool kit, track pump, stand etc

I am appealing to anybody that has done it before to maybe give a few tips or point us in the right direction with regards to any specific accommodation to look for or avoid or any advice on the route etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.... around €200(discount through work) for 10days for a van....
    €200 for a van for 10 days and you're not even returning it where you picked it up? That just doesn't seem right even with a discount. :confused:

We usually rent a van when going on an annual cycling holiday and it's usually €600 to €800 for 5 days and that's with leaving it back when we rented it from.

BTW - good luck with the trip. I can't give any advice other than to ensure that all cyclists have their driving licence with them. I know you'll have a separate driver but they could become ill/incapacitated and require a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

€200 for a van for 10 days and you're not even returning it where you picked it up? That just doesn't seem right even with a discount. :confused:

We usually rent a van when going on an annual cycling holiday and it's usually €600 to €800 for 5 days and that's with leaving it back when we rented it from.

BTW - good luck with the trip. I can't give any advice other than to ensure that all cyclists have their driving licence with them. I know you'll have a separate driver but they could become ill/incapacitated and require a replacement.

Renault Kangoo van, not including fuel and they are giving it to me for 20 a day. Not giving too much away but we put a few grand a month through the rental company

Advertisement