Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphy model train

Options
  • 21-11-2017 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I recently purchased murphy model 141 I accidentally placed it on same track as another running loco on dc
    Since this the train struggles to move atal it makes the slightest budge but goes no further it's not track as I tested another loco and it ran fine any advice on what to do without having trouble goin to find a repair shop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

hmmm. Well, more a suggestion, but you could try google ing AC and DC trains.
    I own a Murphy Models 071 and it has different configurations for DC and AC, in the form of switches on the base of it:

The light in the driver cab will only work when the loco is on a DC track: this was explained in the documentation, pretty decent enough, that came in the Murphy Model box.

So, without further ado if I were you, RTFM that came in the Murphy Model 141 box, then try Google, and if all else fails, then look for a repair shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'd say drop them an email directly and see what they say.

Enquiries can be e mailed to: customerservice@murphymodels.com

Advertisement