Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I never realized Sinead O'Connor had the voice she had.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Her song at the end of Veronica Guerin, "One More Day" is haunting, puts shivers up my spine.

Hope she's doing Ok, wherever she is.

Amazing talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Reading this thread with Sinead O'Connor youtube mix playing in the background. Incredible voice

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Delboy5

She sang the song "Only You" during the credits for the movie Young Victoria...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgWWQe57UBU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

In my humble opinion, she is the best female vocalist I have ever heard. And up there as a songwriter too.

Black Boys on Mopeds is absolutely fantastic - and as relevant today as when she wrote it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

:pac:

Of course, the song was originally written by Prince with a man as the abandoned lover, making that interpretation even less likely.[/quote]

In Prince's own words "I'm not gay but I have f****d men who were."

I miss than man!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

This is a Rebel Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbre5Fs9m8I

Amazing

Woke up with gloomy sunday in my head, came across sinead's (definetive) version..due to that and this thread, ive spent the day listening to her..am i not your girl is some album..yeah, she's gonna be on in the car for the foreseeable future..

I want to add to my above post..after a day and a half of taking in her music and videos, sinead o connor is one of the most important artists to come out of Ireland..

And for some reason I feel she was an influence on bjork..

And she was a cracker back in the day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Massive influence on Dolores from the Cranberries too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

At least she has opinions unlike most of the boring idiots in the music industry now who you couldn't pay me to listen to them talk or perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Just listened to Mandinka - it is an incredibly challenging song to sing, very few people would be able to make that sound good. Sinead O'Connor, Kate Bush, Joni Mitchell. People of their ilk could sing it, but they are rare.

Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey ruined everything, making many of today's aspiring female singers into melisma-obsessed nitwits.

And then there's the fey, girly sounding singer songwriters. I feel like female singers are so much less distinctive these days.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Massive influence on Dolores from the Cranberries too.

Who has a terrible voice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Been listening to "Thank you for hearing me".

Jesus it's just about as open and raw as a song can get..

Absolutely stunning in it's honesty..

Just like her talent..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

It's refreshing to see Sinead recognised for her singing / songwriting. Despite her obvious demons and health issues (or maybe because of them) she really is incredibly talented.

I remember hearing her first single (Heroine - with the Edge & Larry Mullen) and being hooked...

I wasn't a fan of some of the reggae and gospel stuff in between (just not really my thing), but her last 2 albums are (IMO) 2 of the finest Irish albums ever released...

I've seen her live a few times. Goosebumps every time.

I think Harbour is fantastic from the last album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Good to see her back on stage, singing You're the One at Shane MacGowan's 60th last night.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI4ve0pw380

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

What's this Magda Davitt **** about?

I take it her and Shane are friends again so!

She changed her name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement