Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin with the bike for 1 night.

Options
  • 21-11-2017 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

I'm going up to Dublin for a 2 course tomorrow morning on the train from Cork to Dublin and then cycling to DCU around 9ish.
    Is there anything to look out for and is DCU campus safe to lock my bike. I'm also staying in a hotel in Drumcondra, i'm not sure what the bike lock facilities are like there. Have you any recommendations on where to lock my bike?

TJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

DCU is close to Ballymun, that's something I'd be worried about. Whereabouts is your hotel in Drumcondra?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

It's on the upper Drumcondra rd. Hmm... might bring the beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you're worried about the security of your bike, it's not a massive walk from Drumcondra to DCU - about 2km from the Skylon.

EDIT: Is suggesting walking instead of cycling considered blasphemy...?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Looking at today's weather forecast, you might be better off in a kayak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I have often brought my bike into a hotel room, might be better for your peace of mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The bike in the hotel room sounds like a pretty good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Should have brought the kayak alright!!! All worked out. Yesterday morning was atrocious but today was nice cycling around Dublin. Now back to the hills of Cork :cool:

Advertisement