Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

proof of address no utility

Options
  • 21-11-2017 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently filled out an application for a credit card and provided my current address as the home i've been living in for the last 2 years.  It's a house share and I am not the account holder in any of the utility bills.  The only real proof of address I see with my name is the lease and this is over six months old and not specified on the BOI website anyways.  Anything I can do?
    Thanks,
    Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Car insurance cert......if you drive
    Revenue document
    Print online bank statement if you bank elsewhere
    Credit union statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I recently filled out an application for a credit card and provided my current address as the home i've been living in for the last 2 years.  It's a house share and I am not the account holder in any of the utility bills.  The only real proof of address I see with my name is the lease and this is over six months old and not specified on the BOI website anyways.  Anything I can do?
    Thanks,
    Kieran
    Hi Foxx92, thanks for getting in touch.

If you don’t have a recent utility bill in your own name then we can accept the following if dated in the past 6 months:
    • A registered tenancy agreement from an agency/registered landlord
    • A statement from a credit or financial institution (including E-statements)
    • A local authority document (e.g. letter from Irish Water, Property Tax, Co.Council)
    • Revenue Commissioners documents (e.g. P45, tax credits letter)
    • Household, motor or health insurance document 
    I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

A P60!  Are banks still taking them as proof of name,  address or earning...  

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    A P60!  Are banks still taking them as proof of name,  address or earning...  
    Sorry Tow, post edited we don't accept P60.

Thanks, Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Hi,
    Thanks,
    Kieran

If you don’t have a recent utility bill in your own name then we can accept the following if dated in the past 6 months:
    • A local authority document (e.g. letter from Irish Water, Property Tax, Co.Council)

[*]

Nicola 
    [*]
    Hi Nicola,

I generally would send all of this info to my parents address in case I ever moved out.  So apart from a lease dated 2 years ago I've no proof of address from here.  Would it be possible to change my address on my application to my parents?  I have some correspondence there.  

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Thanks,
    Kieran

[*]

Nicola 

[*]
    Hi Nicola,

I generally would send all of this info to my parents address in case I ever moved out.  So apart from a lease dated 2 years ago I've no proof of address from here.  Would it be possible to change my address on my application to my parents?  I have some correspondence there.  

Thanks Foxx92, if you don't have proof of address please contact our team on ph. 0818 200 412

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 16 abhishek8720

Hi, I was wondering a registered tenancy agreement can be accepted as a valid address proof? 
    I have a tenancy agreement from O'Connor Shannon, which is one of the reputed and registered firm. Does that work?
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Kieran

[*]

Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi, I was wondering a registered tenancy agreement can be accepted as a valid address proof?
    I have a tenancy agreement from O'Connor Shannon, which is one of the reputed and registered firm. Does that work?
    Hi,
    I recently filled out an application for a credit card and provided my current address as the home i've been living in for the last 2 years. It's a house share and I am not the account holder in any of the utility bills. The only real proof of address I see with my name is the lease and this is over six months old and not specified on the BOI website anyways. Anything I can do?
    Thanks,
    Kieran

[*]

Nicola

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You can use a tenancy agreement to open an account with us in a branch of Bank of Ireland once the landlord or agency that you're getting the letter from is registered with the Private Residential Tenancies Board.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement