Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas Christmas performance?

Options
  • 21-11-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Hi I just qualified this year from college and I have 4th class this year. The principal told me that each class is to do a 15 minute performance for their parents for Christmas. He said that it can be a song and a poem or something. Does anyone have any suggestions what I could do or whathe could be suitable? Or any ideas? He said the song can be a 'traditional' Christmas song but any other ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

First I would talk to my colleagues to see exactly what is involved, what they did last year, what their plans are for this year. They may have something you can use that works well. Alternatively there may be a dvd/recording of what happened in previous years so you can see what is involved or take an idea from.
    15 mins is long enough for two or three songs and a bit of narration too. Try have some that lend themselves to actions keep them dynamic. Out of the Ark have good Christmas song books with backing tracks if needed or stick with classics they may be familiar with making them easier to teach.
    Frosty the snowman, the Christmas alphabet, rudolph, jingle bells, santa claus is coming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

A few minutes of trad is always a safe one to fall back on, even if they were to hammer something out on the tin whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

First I would talk to my colleagues to see exactly what is involved, what they did last year, what their plans are for this year. They may have something you can use that works well. Alternatively there may be a dvd/recording of what happened in previous years so you can see what is involved or take an idea from.
    15 mins is long enough for two or three songs and a bit of narration too. Try have some that lend themselves to actions keep them dynamic. Out of the Ark have good Christmas song books with backing tracks if needed or stick with classics they may be familiar with making them easier to teach.
    Frosty the snowman, the Christmas alphabet, rudolph, jingle bells, santa claus is coming...
    Their other 3rd class teacher is doing Away in a Manger in sign language, O Come All Ye Faithful on tin whistle and another Santa song that I never heard before. Being the first year in the school I kind of want to show I put in some kind of an effort. I looked on Youtube and other than the classic Christmas songs there seems to be very little different 'Santa' Christmas songs like the one she is doing just the classic stuff. There are a few for junior/senior infant stuff. Any good lively different Christmas songs or any poems to recommend? Twas the Night before Christmas seems too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

You could get them to act out the night before Christmas with a narrator and then finish with a song?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Any lively Christmas song for 4th class other than the classic stuff? There seems to be nothing much on Youtube?

• Advertisement
Advertisement