Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data ran out early (5GB, not 15GB), and also unable to purchase more. What?

Options
  • 21-11-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Eir, 

I have mobile data router. I recently added an add-on for 15GB.

There are two problems:

Firstly, it has stopped working as it says all the data is used. When I login it says I have used "4.839 / 4.839 GB". Yet I purchased 15GB, not 5GB (it even says "Addon - data - 15GB subscription").

Secondly, I am unable to purchase another when prompted. It keeps saying there is an error.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

rat_race wrote: »
    Eir, 

There are two problems:

Firstly, it has stopped working as it says all the data is used. When I login it says I have used "4.839 / 4.839 GB". Yet I purchased 15GB, not 5GB (it even says "Addon - data - 15GB subscription").

Secondly, I am unable to purchase another when prompted. It keeps saying there is an error.
    Hi rat_race,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you purchased this add-on in between billing cycles you won't receive the full monthly allowance. You will only receive a partial amount based on the number of days until your next billing date. You won't be charged the full amount for this either. When your next bill is issued you will receive the full 15GB of data.

You can only have one data add-on on your account I'm afraid. 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Hi Adam,

This makes no sense whatsoever. I think you must be misunderstanding my situation. I am paying a monthly fee for my mobile router of €45, for 100GB. I used my 100GB limit and was offered to purchase an add-on (and I did). And now I have the problem below whereby there is conflicting language (15GB vs 4GB), and being offered another add-on but an inability to purchase it.
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Eir, 

There are two problems:

Hi rat_race,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you purchased this add-on in between billing cycles you won't receive the full monthly allowance. You will only receive a partial amount based on the number of days until your next billing date. You won't be charged the full amount for this either. When your next bill is issued you will receive the full 15GB of data.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

This makes no sense whatsoever. I think you must be misunderstanding my situation. I am paying a monthly fee for my mobile router of €45, for 100GB. I used my 100GB limit and was offered to purchase an add-on (and I did). And now I have the problem below whereby there is conflicting language (15GB vs 4GB), and being offered another add-on but an inability to purchase it.
    Eir, 

There are two problems:

Hi rat_race,

- Adam
    I completely understand your situation here. You don't receive the full amount of data allowance if you only get this add-on mid billing cycle. For example, if you purchase this add-on halfway through the billing cycle you will receive 7.5GB and you will be charged half the standard price. Then, when your next billing cycle begins, you will receive the full allowance and you'll be charged the full price. 

- Adam

I am glad you understand the situation, but I do not understand Eir's logic. 

Every moment in time is between a billing cycle, so you're saying it's impossible to purchase what was advertised? Which is 15GB of additional data. 

What is the logic here? I ran out of data after 5 days, I purchased 15GB more, but I get 5GB, which has now run out and now I need more. Give me my 15GB, take my money, and let me purchase more should I need it. 

This is ridiculous. I really need to understand the reason behind this.

Could I get a reply to this, please? Are you saying it is impossible to stay connected if the data allowance (and one third of one add-on) is used?

• Advertisement

Every moment in time is between a billing cycle, so you're saying it's impossible to purchase what was advertised? Which is 15GB of additional data. 

What is the logic here? I ran out of data after 5 days, I purchased 15GB more, but I get 5GB, which has now run out and now I need more. Give me my 15GB, take my money, and let me purchase more should I need it. 

The monthly allowance for this add-on is €15 and as you will have it for less than one month before your next bill is issued you won't receive the full monthly allowance. This is a recurring charge so, you won't receive the full monthly allowance until your next bill is issued. You can view more on this on the below link:

https://www.eir.ie/support/mobile/what-add-ons-are-available-to-me/

We also have boosters available where you will receive the full 15GB. This is a one-off charge. If you click on You can view more on this here: https://www.eir.ie/mobile/bill-pay/add-ons/

- Adam

The monthly allowance for this add-on is €15 and as you will have it for less than one month before your next bill is issued you won't receive the full monthly allowance. This is a recurring charge so, you won't receive the full monthly allowance until your next bill is issued. You can view more on this on the below link:

We also have boosters available where you will receive the full 15GB. This is a one-off charge. If you click on You can view more on this here: https://www.eir.ie/mobile/bill-pay/add-ons/

- Adam
    Adam...

As I have already said, I pay €45 for 100G a month. That is the recurring charge. This is not for a mobile phone, as I said. It's mobile internet only.

I used that 100GB. Then I purchased on of these ONCE-OFF add-ons, for €15 (you seem to call them "boosters"). My point is, again, that my data usage (which I see via logging into to eir.ie) has said two things: that I have used 100GB (yes, that's correct, apparently) and that I have used up all of the add-on (which incorrectly says 5GB, not 15GB). The second problem is that I am offerred an option to buy additional add-ons TODAY, because I am apparently out of data. But there is an error when attempting to purchase that. Again, if you looked into it I'm sure there'd be logs of this on your side.

Please disregard the idea that this add-on I purchased is somehow tied into a billing cycle. It has nothing to do with it.

The point is: 1) the data usage is incorrect / my additional data expired early. I have screenshots of this. It's isn't tricky to see. 2) it's impossible to buy a further additional ONCE-OFF add-on, when prompted, due to an error.

If you don't understand this, I really don't know what else to say.

- Adam
    Adam...

As I have already said, I pay €45 for 100G a month. That is the recurring charge. This is not for a mobile phone, as I said. It's mobile internet only.

I used that 100GB. Then I purchased on of these ONCE-OFF add-ons, for €15 (you seem to call them "boosters"). My point is, again, that my data usage (which I see via logging into to eir.ie) has said two things: that I have used 100GB (yes, that's correct, apparently) and that I have used up all of the add-on (which incorrectly says 5GB, not 15GB). The second problem is that I am offerred an option to buy additional add-ons TODAY, because I am apparently out of data. But there is an error when attempting to purchase that. Again, if you looked into it I'm sure there'd be logs of this on your side.

Please disregard the idea that this add-on I purchased is somehow tied into a billing cycle. It has nothing to do with it.

The point is: 1) the data usage is incorrect / my additional data expired early. I have screenshots of this. It's isn't tricky to see. 2) it's impossible to buy a further additional ONCE-OFF add-on, when prompted, due to an error.

If you don't understand this, I really don't know what else to say.
    I completely understand what you mean here and the information that I have previously provided you with is correct. We have add-ons and boosters available. As you stated that you purchased an add-on I provided you with the information on what happens if you purchase an add-on. If you have purchased an add-on and not a booster it is a recurring charge and you will need to make contact with us if you wish to remove it from your account for future months. I'm aware that this is a mobile broadband issue, boosters and add-ons are available for both mobile phones and mobile broadband. Can you PM me your number, PIN and full name please? 

- Adam

Fair enough. But why was a booster not provided to me on the following screen? It seems like that is what is being advertised. The behavior of an add-on needs to be described clear on this page. Also, neither of the "click here" links work; they're dead links. And it takes one click to purchase this "add-on", but a long phone call to remove it. Anyway, thanks Adam (this is all directed at Eir, not the reps who have a very hard job on here) -- I will PM you my details.

addon.png
    mvEPyRmvEPyR

Fair enough. But why was a booster not provided to me on the following screen? It seems like that is what is being advertised. The behavior of an add-on needs to be described clear on this page. Also, neither of the "click here" links work; they're dead links. And it takes one click to purchase this "add-on", but a long phone call to remove it. Anyway, thanks Adam (this is all directed at Eir, not the reps who have a very hard job on here) -- I will PM you my details.

addon.png
    mvEPyRmvEPyR
    I will pass your feedback about this on to the relevant department and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this. Can you send me the links that you're having issues with please? 

I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement