Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage Stamp Vendors

• 21-11-2017 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

List of shops selling postage stamps

1. All Post Offices
    2. Eason's (Parkway Shopping Centre)
    3. Ryan's Centra (near South Court)
    4. Paper View (Crescent Shopping Centre)
    5. Newsagents (Arthur's Quay Shopping Centre)

While walking the dog, in Limerick city centre, this evening I wanted to purchase a postage stamp. None of the shops I tried sell postage stamps anymore.

I think a list of shops that do may be of help to the occasional postage stamp purchaser, rather than an exhaustive list of shops that don't.

If anyone is interested you can add a shop to this list by commenting and I'll edit it into the list.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I thought it was just post offices that sold stamps! Maybe Easons? I genuinely can't remember the last time I had the need to post a letter :o

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Tracey's on Nicholas Street (at least they did earlier this year).
    Ryan's Centra in Raheen (near the South Court).
    The newsagents in the Crescent shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

I think most people are rare stamp buyers these days Panda. Yes, Eason's do sell stamps. Thanks for that reminder.
    Tracey's was one of the shops I tried. So we won't be adding them to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Easons no longer sell stamps , nor do most Centras ( i worked in one) along with many other shops - the reason being that an post want shops to take their terminals ( postaim or some similar name, for processing bill payments etc, rather than the more common payzone terminals most shops - centras, corner shops etc - use. If shops dont take the unit, you dont get the stamps.

I think most people are rare stamp buyers these days Panda. Yes, Eason's do sell stamps. Thanks for that reminder.
    Tracey's was one of the shops I tried. So we won't be adding them to the list.

Tracey's were hit and miss sometimes as to whether they'd run out or not, maybe the terminal thing is the reason they dont anymore. Got one in the Raheen Centra on Sunday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

If anyone is interested you can add a shop to this list by commenting and I'll edit it into the list.

The newsagents in Arthurs Quay Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

O'Neils Mace upper William streer

topcat72 wrote: »
    Easons no longer sell stamps , nor do most Centras ( i worked in one) along with many other shops - the reason being that an post want shops to take their terminals ( postaim or some similar name, for processing bill payments etc, rather than the more common payzone terminals most shops - centras, corner shops etc - use. If shops dont take the unit, you dont get the stamps.

Thanks for that info Topcat.

yogalady wrote: »
    O'Neils Mace upper William streer

No, I checked there yesterday evening. No more stamps.

I also checked, the shop in Davis Street, Both Gleeson's (Glentworth Street and Henry Street) - All no.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Shops selling international stamps is harder though, the centra in raheen does national letter stamps only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is there still an An Post machine selling stamps at the side door into Arthur’s Quay?

Is there still an An Post machine selling stamps at the side door into Arthur’s Quay?

No, well gone I'm afraid.

Advertisement