Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seville v Liverpool

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

niallo27 wrote: »
    Based on what. By your reasoning shouldn't a free scoring utd side that score 4 most games destroy that Liverpool team as well. Football doesn't work like that.

Based on the fact Liverpool have a terrible defence, which is beyond denial
    They have honestly close to zero percent chance of winning.
    They will be the team every team wishes to draw in the next round along with Besiktas
    Your basing your United point on one game, i'm basing mine on watching Liverpool since Klopp took over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Who claimed he had.

http://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-key-players-who-were-almost-sold-in-the-summer-alberto-moreno-shkodran-mustafi

Okay. Just one source, but I would be fairly certain it echoes the sort of fan with short-term memory.

Unfortunate timing though :D

• Wtf have Utd got to do with this match
    Absolutely nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Best chance of the English sides to actually win the tournament I feel.

You said they were darkhorses earlier too and then they were the best equipped English side.

After that horror show second half, theyve shown why theyed be the rank outsiders of the English sides.

Its never boring supporter them anyway id imagine.

City are the only English team with a chance of winning it imo.

Even then I don't think they'll be good enough.

The best league in the world will be found out again in the knockouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

irishman86 wrote: »
    They will be the team every team wishes to draw in the next round along with Besiktas
    Your basing your United point on one game, i'm basing mine on watching Liverpool since Klopp took over

Well since klopp took over his record is excellent against the top teams. It's the lesser teams they struggle against. So the tougher the opponent usually the better they play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

giphy.gif

Well since klopp took over his record is excellent against the top teams. It's the lesser teams they struggle against. So the tougher the opponent usually the better they play.

Ok buddy, put it this way if they draw a big team in the next round they will go out
    Its all well and good being decent in Anfield but that wont save them if they draw Real or Bayern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So if Moscow beat pool and Sevilla win, pool are out cause of head to head IIRC. There is a hell of a lot riding on that last game

Ok buddy, put it this way if they draw a big team in the next round they will go out
    Its all well and good being decent in Anfield but that wont save them if they draw Real or Bayern

Well Munich aren't the same side they were. Nobody wants to face Madrid in the next round. I just think it's a lazy argument to say Liverpool are **** while ignoring they finished ahead of arsenal and utd last year and for most games have been excellent against the bigger teams.

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    City are the only English team with a chance of winning it imo.

Even then I don't think they'll be good enough.

The best league in the world will be found out again in the knockouts.

Id agree with that.

All depends on the round of 16 draw . At the moment city spurs and utd are through. Pool are all but there and chelsea need to win 1 more game to finish at least 2nd.

Real have been poor this year but any english side topping theur group will be hoping they avoid them, or bayern or juve.

I think Chelsea will finish 2nd and draw PSG.

Well Munich aren't the same side they were. Nobody wants to face Madrid in the next round. I just think it's a lazy argument to say Liverpool are **** while ignoring they finished ahead of arsenal and utd last year and for most games have been excellent against the bigger teams.

I didnt say they were ****
    You are ignoring the fact Arsenal were in the CL and United massively underwhelmed last year
    Its clear this season how much further on United are to Liverpool
    Bayern have dominated again since Carlo left they would destroy Liverpool in Munich
    Like i said they are one of two teams everyone will want to draw as they have very little about them outside of the front three which i have often said is amazing

I didnt say they were ****
    You are ignoring the fact Arsenal were in the CL and United massively underwhelmed last year
    Its clear this season how much further on United are to Liverpool
    Bayern have dominated again since Carlo left they would destroy Liverpool in Munich
    Like i said they are one of two teams everyone will want to draw as they have very little about them outside of the front three which i have often said is amazing

United underwhelmed last year. Go on good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Go back to the start of this thread,it's actually funny

United underwhelmed last year. Go on good night.

:confused: They did
    The only player that can say he performed to his level is Zlatan, i dont know what you call that but for me its underwhelming
    This season they have shown they will easily get top four
    Why do you always bring United into everything anyways??
    How are they relevant to Liverpools glaring holes in defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Top of the group what more do you want.

I dunno maybe not to fall apart the second a team buts a little bit of pressure on the defence.The statement that I quoted is idiotic but I think you know that.

That team will be brushed aside once the knock out stages start,nowhere near the best hope England has of winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Always living in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't know if it can happen after match day 6 but I want to see Napoli vs Liverpool in the last 16. It'd be a spectacle to behold. Although not many in Naples seemed interested in showing up to see a must win game as they know how big this year's Serie A could be for them.
    Learned nothing I didn't already know from Liverpool tonight.
    Going forward :cool:
    But going back :eek:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Id agree with that.

All depends on the round of 16 draw . At the moment city spurs and utd are through. Pool are all but there and chelsea need to win 1 more game to finish at least 2nd.

Real have been poor this year but any english side topping theur group will be hoping they avoid them, or bayern or juve.

I think Chelsea will finish 2nd and draw PSG.

Finishing 2nd may well turn our better than finishing top.

Real, Bayern and Juventus could all finish 2nd :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, at half time, the Sevilla manager told his team he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer....

That's one hell of a thing to drop on your players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So, at half time, the Sevilla manager told his team he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer....

What?? Really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lord TSC wrote: »

That's mad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Marca had the story after the game, though can't see it now from them. Still some journalists running it.

https://twitter.com/JuanG_Arango/status/933113828400869376

Edit. Found it on Marca

http://www.marca.com/futbol/sevilla/2017/11/22/5a14b84e268e3ef0228b45a2.html

• That's just awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That's just awful :(

It is pretty much puts the importance of a football match in its place, hopefully treatment will be successful for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

A night of comebacks, Sevilla and Liverpool match threads.

Both as enjoyable as each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Due to popular demand.

Firminio hasn't scored in a couple of mins, discuss:

LOL. “Cmon lads, we’re gonna score 8, let’s make a thread”.

Thanks for reminding me about this game. Very enjoyable 2nd half :-)

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Finishing 2nd may well turn our better than finishing top.

Real, Bayern and Juventus could all finish 2nd :eek:

Utd Spurs and City are assured of top, I reckon Liverpool will finish top of their group and Roma could top ours.

Meaning if we finish 2nd we'd be looking at 3 possible teams, Barca, PSG or Besiktas. :o

With a 33% chance of facing Besiktas or 66% chance of being KO/d in the Round of 16, I think Chelsea will have to top the group, theyed have a better chance of avoiding a potential winner than if we come 2nd.

Advertisement