Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Inner tube size?

Options
  • 21-11-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ordering some inner tubes and have 25mm tyres but I don't know what size is better 18-25mm or 25-32mm?

Anyone know which one people usually go for I'm thinking the 18-25mm?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have 25mm tyres on two bikes.
    I always go for the 18-25mm option. They're lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I always go for the smallest compatible size too. I've had the problem in the past with some tyres that it can be hard to avoid part of the tube sidewall getting caught under the wire of the tyre edge and causing a pinch puncture almost immediately afterwards. This is less prone to happen the smaller the area of tube you are trying to get inside the tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

18-25.

I run 19-23 latex tubes in 25mm tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I run 19-23 latex tubes in 25mm tyres.

With latex tubes the recommendation is to match the tube to the tyre. You can over inflate butyl safely enough but with latex I gather that it significantly increases the risk of it failing.

Advertisement