Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 21-11-2017 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hey, thinking of changing fro.sky to eir as the sky q modem won't reach anywhere beyond living room.. Can either current/past customrr s give feedback on eir modem and service and of possible could eir tell me is the reach on their modems better than Sky's??

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

In my experience I found the wifi range of the eir modem worse than Sky's. We previously had the older Sky modem and never had an issue with the wifi signal, whereas with the eir modem it is definitely harder to get a good single in certain parts of the house. We also got Sky Q installed and are using a white Sky Q booster to connect the minibox to the main box. The booster sits right under the eir modem and we would get a much stronger signal from it than from the eir modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

In my experience I found the wifi range of the eir modem worse than Sky's. We previously had the older Sky modem and never had an issue with the wifi signal, whereas with the eir modem it is definitely harder to get a good single in certain parts of the house. We also got Sky Q installed and are using a white Sky Q booster to connect the minibox to the main box. The booster sits right under the eir modem and we would get a much stronger signal from it than from the eir modem.

Great, thanks for feedback.

Advertisement