Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get an explanation on spouse cover for work

Options
  • 21-11-2017 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Allianz website faq says business class covers insured and/or spouse for use in relation to their work.

However, I'm told that my wife isn't covered as she is a named driver. She uses the car sometimes for work.

Nobody in their call centre can explain why she is not covered when I point out their FAQ page.

Surely there are thousands of people who use their car this way . I cannot be unique

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

batman1 wrote: »
    Allianz website faq says business class covers insured and/or spouse for use in relation to their work.

However, I'm told that my wife isn't covered as she is a named driver. She uses the car sometimes for work.

Nobody in their call centre can explain why she is not covered when I point out their FAQ page.

Surely there are thousands of people who use their car this way . I cannot be unique

Whats the exact wording?

Class 2 is the general requirement for a vehicle being used for work purposes ie outside of a normal to and from commute.

Class 2 is not a standard on any policy and has to be requested and an additional premium paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

I have paid an extra premium and have done for years. I just noticed this year they said that my wife isn't covered for work use as she is a named driver. Could have been this way all along but I assumed we could both use the car for work if needs be.
    When I pointed out that they're FAQ page states that it can cover insured and/or spouse, they can't explain why my wife isn't covered.

She has her own car but we both use each other's at times.

Advertisement