Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subbing question

Options
  • 21-11-2017 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I am currently on a career break and have decided to do a bit of subbing. I know you can sub up to 300 hours in secondary. But does anyone know if you can sub in different schools or just the one. Also how does it work in relation to tax. If it's etb school paid or department etc thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aibhif

roxychix wrote: »
    I am currently on a career break and have decided to do a bit of subbing. I know you can sub up to 300 hours in secondary. But does anyone know if you can sub in different schools or just the one. Also how does it work in relation to tax. If it's etb school paid or department etc thanks

Hi can't help with above as only starting back myself but another thing might be worth checking is garda vetting status re moving employer.....I was on career break and now because moving school (i.e. going to a new employer) have to get teaching council to update my vetting again. I kept my registration with TC up while off but still have to get vetting updated.From what they said this vetting application now will cover me for all etb/post prim schools employment. Not sure if these rules apply to subbing but might be worth a call to TC to check before start all other steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The electronic vetting is easier to transfer between organisations compared to the older paper version

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aibhif

Yeah, so to be able to sub easily would need to have a garda vetting result from electonic process. If like me roxychix you have been on career break for couple of years (since pre 2016 maybe???) and are not vetted electronically then think you would need to apply for vetting again.

Advertisement