Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slovenia Piran/Portoroz

Options
  • 22-11-2017 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone had visited Piran or Portoroz in Slovenia and what there opinions of it were?
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Was there about 10 years ago during August.
    Stayed in a small hotel in Portoroz, there were plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. It is a spa town and many hotels do spa treatments.
    I loved Piran though and went there most evenings, the old town is really charming with the terracotta tiles and tiny squares. Plenty of restaurants on the pier.
    Nearby Izola which is the fishing port was also a good spot to go for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

otnomart wrote: »
    Was there about 10 years ago during August.
    Stayed in a small hotel in Portoroz, there were plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. It is a spa town and many hotels do spa treatments.
    I loved Piran though and went there most evenings, the old town is really charming with the terracotta tiles and tiny squares. Plenty of restaurants on the pier.
    Nearby Izola which is the fishing port was also a good spot to go for lunch.

Thanks very much for your reply.I am looking forward to going there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Piran is nicer. Portoroz used to be a place where high school kids go an get drunk for the weekend and go somewhere else for proper holiday. Maybe things changed in last 15 years. Piran is lovely to spend three hours in. :D

Ok it's not that bad, Portoroz is just a typical resort town. Piran is actually one of the oldest towns in Slovenia with some nice architecture and galleries but it is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I loved Piran, stunning little medieval town. Looks something like a scene from Game of Thrones.

Stunning sea views and real relaxed cool bars

Advertisement