Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomasland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The first time we went we stayed in Tamworth, can’t remember the name of the hotel, but the village was handy. We stayed in a premier inn another time, and that was perfect too. We stayed in Drayton manor last time and while the hotel was much dearer, The park tickets were cheaper as part of the package, so there wasn’t much difference overall.
    You can absolutely bring in a picnic, and I would definitely recommend it. The food is overpriced convenience food. There’s plenty of spots for picnics.
    Don’t be in a major rush into the park in the mornings. We found that the queues were far longer in the mornings, but eased off a lot after lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

jlm29 wrote: »
    The first time we went we stayed in Tamworth, can’t remember the name of the hotel, but the village was handy. We stayed in a premier inn another time, and that was perfect too. We stayed in Drayton manor last time and while the hotel was much dearer, The park tickets were cheaper as part of the package, so there wasn’t much difference overall.
    You can absolutely bring in a picnic, and I would definitely recommend it. The food is overpriced convenience food. There’s plenty of spots for picnics.
    Don’t be in a major rush into the park in the mornings. We found that the queues were far longer in the mornings, but eased off a lot after lunch.

Cheers

Looking at the Holiday Inn Express seems reasonable enough and Tamworth nice little town so may stay there

Tickets not on sale till end of Feb but can buy them online. Drayton park hotel much more expensive so trying to keep costs down

Yeah stock up on food before going in and hopefully weather is as good as 2 years ago........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Cheers

Looking at the Holiday Inn Express seems reasonable enough and Tamworth nice little town so may stay there

Tickets not on sale till end of Feb but can buy them online. Drayton park hotel much more expensive so trying to keep costs down

Yeah stock up on food before going in and hopefully weather is as good as 2 years ago........:)

To be honest, while Drayton is a nice hotel, it’s not amazing, if you’ve a car anyhow, I wouldn’t bother staying there at all.
    As I say, we’ve been three times (have 3 Boys, different ages, were not groupies!). The first two times we hired cars and stayed a bit further away. We only stayed in Drayton last time to avoid the hire car, just got a taxi to and from. The premier in we stayed in (I can’t remember the name of the village, and Tamworth were literally just 15-20 min away, absolutely perfect. The Drayton manor hotel was the same as any other hotel except they had a few fake trains dotted around, and an overpriced gift shop in reception. It’s very handy if you’ve no car, but if you’ve a car I wouldn’t bother with it.

Advertisement