Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Bargain] Garmin 735 with HRM £245 today

Options
  • 22-11-2017 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

There's a huge discount on the Garmin 735 on Amazon today, £235 for the watch, and an even better bargain of £245 for the watch and HRM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Anyone buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Suunto Ambit 3 Vertical Special Edition
    available for €198 from Wiggle, 48% off

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/suunto-ambit-3-vertical-special-edition/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Bit late to the party, but can anyone recommend this watch? Its a toss up between this and Fitbit Iconic but seen the Iconic doesn't track open water swimming!

What is the difference between having the HR monitor than not having it as I thought the watch will log your heart rate through sensors on back of watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

mad m wrote: »
    Bit late to the party, but can anyone recommend this watch? Its a toss up between this and Fitbit Iconic but seen the Iconic doesn't track open water swimming!

What is the difference between having the HR monitor than not having it as I thought the watch will log your heart rate through sensors on back of watch?

I bought a Fitbit iconic and sent it back as the indoor swim tracking was way off. Absolutely useless for doing sets.

Bought a garmin vivioactive 3 and find it spot on in the pool. It's probably more suited to one sport at a time rather than triathlons. I'd say the 735 is better for a triathlete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

mad m wrote: »

I ended up getting the Garmin 935 (next step up from 735xt). The wrist-based HR suits my needs perfectly, you can forget about it and it tracks with accuracy. There are sometimes HR spikes that seem a bit weird, and if that bothered you then the extra chest-based HR strap will be more accurate. Bear in mind if you want HR data while swimming, a specific chest-based strap is required (I don't have one and not too bothered to get one).

Don't even consider any watch that won't track OW swims- you'll be pouring over the route you took, checking where you went wrong, figuring our your straight lines...

• Advertisement
Advertisement