Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Sitting watching RuPaul’s Drag Race, knowing I’ll regret not heading to bed when I can’t keep my eyes open tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Heading bedside after a crap day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Ninjini wrote: »
    Sitting watching RuPaul’s Drag Race, knowing I’ll regret not heading to bed when I can’t keep my eyes open tomorrow.

I'm not sure if you are a man or a woman, but when you you wake up tomorrow you probably won't be sure yourself! Don't let the bedbugs bite heheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

in bed, thinking about stuff, have some adult decisions to make which are hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Laying in bed after getting up to see if the snow is sticking
    It’s not
    Not fair
    I get floppy snow
    Everyone else gets proper inches

• Advertisement

Laying in bed after getting up to see if the snow is sticking
    It’s not
    Not fair
    I get floppy snow
    Everyone else gets proper inches

Reminds me of a video I sent to a lady while discussing the weather, 7 inches of hard snow, not floppy snow. Didn't get a chance to stick though, The snow plough was straight on the job and the snow was gone before it went floppy and got rid of the lot, then it snowed again. And once again the plough was straight into action. God bless my plough, the lady who seen the footage of the plough in action was quite impressed by all accounts too, especially considering we don't often get snow in October ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I don't know if my brother will live and I'm afraid to fall asleep in case he dies and I won't know. This is so hard.

I don't know if my brother will live and I'm afraid to fall asleep in case he dies and I won't know. This is so hard.

:( I'm sorry you're going through this.

:( I'm sorry you're going through this.

It's ok. I'm just waiting on news. It doesn't look good and sorry to be on a lighthearted thread with this stuff.

Hearing things like this snaps me out of the coke fueled little bubble I inhabit. To quote Bob Marley 'everyman think his burden is the heaviest'. I maybe a stranger, but my empathy is genuine. I'd call this an honest thread as much as I'd call it a lighthearted one, we all have our crosses to bear. I don't know the circumstances, but I hope your brother pulls through.

• Advertisement

Hearing things like this snaps me out of the coke fueled little bubble I inhabit. To quote Bob Marley 'everyman think his burden is the heaviest'. I maybe a stranger, but my empathy is genuine. I'd call this an honest thread as much as I'd call it a lighthearted one, we all have our crosses to bear. I don't know the circumstances, but I hope your brother pulls through.

He passed away this morning. He was in his mid 40s. I can't even explain the pain I feel but I know I need sleep soon. My mam is devastated. I really understand what other people talk about now because I didn't understand it before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

He passed away this morning. He was in his mid 40s. I can't even explain the pain I feel but I know I need sleep soon. My mam is devastated. I really understand what other people talk about now because I didn't understand it before.

So sorry Surreptitious, thoughts with you and yours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Sorry for your troubles Surreptitious...too young.

I am so sorry for your loss Surreptitious :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Very sorry to hear that, death is never easy.Thoughts with you and your poor Mother..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I am so sorry to hear that. Similar age myself and it is just way too young to die. Heartbreaking. Please mind yourself and your mam. Hugs and lots of love. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I'm so sorry Surreptitious... thoughts with you and your mam

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

So sorry for your loss. How awful to loose such a young brother. Sending you all love x

Waiting at the drs to get my blood taken

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

At the Wahbah Crater

39346937415_fd323be6b5.jpg

This is a volcanic crater that is 250 m (820 ft) deep and 2 km (1.2 mi) in diameter. The bottom of the crater is covered with white sodium phosphate crystals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On the couch, watching ice hockey while the baby sleeps. Really should go wake the toddler as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at work wondering if the VHI Nurseline will laugh at me if I call them because my hand that uses the mouse is always cold.
    I need a mouse hand glove.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I am at work wondering if the VHI Nurseline will laugh at me if I call them because my hand that uses the mouse is always cold.
    I need a mouse hand glove.

Get a heated mouse!

Or light your mouse on fire.

Both may not go down well with Health & Safety....or the fire marshal, or the fire alarm.

Still at the drs wondering what th other hand is doing to keep it warm

On second thoughts I’d rather not know

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm at work trying to count the number of people that don't have a cold. I'm at 0 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm at work trying to count the number of people that don't have a cold. I'm at 0 so far.

Everyone knows you can't count so its not much of an indicator...

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Everyone knows you can't count so its not much of an indicator...

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I'm not sure if you are a man or a woman, but when you you wake up tomorrow you probably won't be sure yourself! Don't let the bedbugs bite heheheh

I’m a woman but damn, those queens can woman better than me :D
    I’m currently making pancake batter in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Get a heated mouse!

I have been looking for a viable business idea! This could be the biggest thing since Fidget spinners with lights on them.

Still at the drs wondering what th other hand is doing to keep it warm.
    On second thoughts I’d rather not know

My other hand is wrapped around something cylrindical and warm and tasty that will make a terrible mess if shook, shaken or mishandled.
    A coffee cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Waiting for the 3 year old to get off the toilet so I can have a shower, there's a Stand off as to who is wiping the butt.

I have to stay away from the boy again today, snots and sneezing out of me this morning so I cant risk him catching anything for the next couple of weeks while we wait for surgery.
    But his lovely nurse was so flipping delighted when I told her I was unsure about coming down. 'oh don't, we'll be fine, loads of cuddles, he'll be grand, and don't come tomorrow either, I'll be with him again... ' I'm so jealous :D some people just make life easy.
    I think I caught the cold from the sickos in here*.

*It was actually Elliot who gave it to Oscar who gave it to Ailbhe who gave it to me..

I won, she's off the toilet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement