Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

I'm not watching it, but is that the story where a female Nazi was hunted?

I missed the 1st fifteen minutes not sure haven’t seen anything about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I says wrote: »
    I missed the 1st fifteen minutes not sure haven’t seen anything about that

Rte player for me so at the weekend

Rte player for me so at the weekend

Yeah will do same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

laying in bed, you know that lazy feeling when you need a drink and don't sit up to drink.. near drown myself :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Bedside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Nightshift. At my desk.

Shur where else would I rather be valentines night :pac:

^^^
    That's his version of "I am Groot"

Up & still feel rough... plus it's wintry outside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On my sofa feeling sorry for myself.

Was the subject of a racist comment from my boss today that left me crying in the toilet and had 2 of my colleagues come out after me to see if I was ok.

Going to calm down then resign tomorrow. We have no work tomorrow. Had enough of that crap.

Witchie wrote: »

Was the subject of a racist comment from my boss today that left me crying in the toilet and had 2 of my colleagues come out after me to see if I was ok.

Going to calm down then resign tomorrow. We have no work tomorrow. Had enough of that crap.

Well that's a bit shït !
    If you're resigning, make sure you give your boss an earful...in front of others...it can be quite cathartic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Witchie wrote: »

Hope your ok Witchie.....sounds like a prick ...better off away from him.....

Ps..tell his wife he was a **** ride lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Witchie wrote:

Thats a bit sh!t. Me though, I'd be busy planning my revenge and ways I could get the fcuker back without him even realising until I'd left the building that he'd been revenged... I hate that carry on. Is he just a dick or is he actively trying to get you to quit?

I'm lying in bed wondering if I really have to mammy today. Bringing 4 of them to his tiny room again, it just has torture written all over it. These things are always great ideas in my head. Half way through the actual, I always wonder wtf was I thinking. Same when I decide to clean something or paint a room.. yet I still do it.
    I shall report back tonight from my couch, hopefully, let you know if there were any survivors. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Woke up to snow outside!

:D

Day off, awake, but actually feel rested. On sofa watching Winter Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Heading to work side :(

Witchie do you need us to sort this boss out ;) we are very useful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Autosport wrote:
    Witchie do you need us to sort this boss out we are very useful

Wait ... Does this involve throwing stuff ? Like punches or forks or things?
    We could do a postal thing... All this random hate mail from Ireland.. oh fun I'm game!

Still in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

gifted wrote: »
    Hope your ok Witchie.....sounds like a prick ...better off away from him.....

Ps..tell his wife he was a **** ride lol lol

Thanks but my boss is female....and divorced.

Well that's a bit shït !
    If you're resigning, make sure you give your boss an earful...in front of others...it can be quite cathartic.

Not sure I can. She is very powerful in circles I need to be in so don't want to tick get off too much.
    cbyrd wrote: »
    Thats a bit sh!t. Me though, I'd be busy planning my revenge and ways I could get the fcuker back without him even realising until I'd left the building that he'd been revenged... I hate that carry on. Is he just a dick or is he actively trying to get you to quit?

I have felt like she is trying to get rid of me. I joke everyday with my closest colleague that each day is the day I get fired. She used to chat to me all the time and the past few weeks she barely says hello.

That said I don't think that was what today was about. I genuinely think she just spoke get mind then backtracked a bit.
    Autosport wrote: »
    Heading to work side :(

Witchie do you need us to sort this boss out ;) we are very useful :D

Ummm you have me thinking.....:D
    cbyrd wrote: »
    Wait ... Does this involve throwing stuff ? Like punches or forks or things?
    We could do a postal thing... All this random hate mail from Ireland.. oh fun I'm game!

Still in bed.

Ha ha.....I like your thinking.

At home from work young fella puking for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Barringtons hospital for a scan of the bladder.
    Welcome to middle age problems..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

To add to the health related posts, lying on my bed after a shower. Wrecked and can't move. Started coughing up blood earlier, sigh. Will someone dress me and dry my hair please? :p

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Lymm Services, M6/M56 intersection

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My Gran has Alzheimer's and has been in a nursing home for 4 - 5 years now. Her brother is home from England for a couple of days has hasn't seen her for a few years. Just got sent a photo of them and it's made me quite emotional. She's smiling like she knows him but I know she doesn't, she doesn't know anybody. She doesn't get out of bed now. It's a lovely photo but it's made me sad, and homesick at the same time. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Totally ruined day thanks to a massive hangover. And to think that this is a "dry" country.

@witchie... was it a racist comment by local standards? Hang in there until she fires you or you find a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

In work clock watching... 3 hours to go

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

To add to the health related posts, lying on my bed after a shower. Wrecked and can't move. Started coughing up blood earlier, sigh. Will someone dress me and dry my hair please? :p

Get. Self. Checked. Out. Please.

Then I will dress and do your hair.

;)
    My Gran has Alzheimer's and has been in a nursing home for 4 - 5 years now. Her brother is home from England for a couple of days has hasn't seen her for a few years. Just got sent a photo of them and it's made me quite emotional. She's smiling like she knows him but I know she doesn't, she doesn't know anybody. She doesn't get out of bed now. It's a lovely photo but it's made me sad, and homesick at the same time. :(

I like to think Alzheimer's suffers do have moments of clarity, regardless how long, weather it be triggered, by a slight, sound or smell. It's is a wonderful thing to see in all the sadness and gloom associated with it, enjoy the moment.

Having spot of lunch here, having quite a lazy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Back Home. Hungover to Fcuk. Questioning my life decisions. I need a hug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Train- heading home Choo Choo

She might. Her smile might be during a moment of clarity. Sometimes I think I can see something in my mam's eyes when I mention certain names, it's like she becomes more aware. I find happiness in those times because God knows there's enough of the sadness with alzheimers. Maybe you could see it that way too, your granny having a moment of awareness :)

I'm at home watching The Crown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Yeh my Nanny would have had moments like that. Where you knew she remembered. If you mentioned one of her sons in particular she lit up, but he died when he was 4.

My grandad is in between at the moment, he remembers and then suddenly you can see where he's no idea.

It's all so sad.

I'm in a bar, drinking a passion fruit mojito, my last before I go back and pack for my very early flight home. I want to go home but I'd prefer if it was hot like here. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

smurfjed wrote: »
    Totally ruined day thanks to a massive hangover. And to think that this is a "dry" country.

Well I'm sitting looking at men in full dishdasha on the piss all evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

She might. Her smile might be during a moment of clarity. Sometimes I think I can see something in my mam's eyes when I mention certain names, it's like she becomes more aware. I find happiness in those times because God knows there's enough of the sadness with alzheimers. Maybe you could see it that way too, your granny having a moment of awareness
    Yeh my Nanny would have had moments like that. Where you knew she remembered. If you mentioned one of her sons in particular she lit up, but he died when he was 4.
    That's true. Certain things still get a reaction. Sorry to be negative.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen making dinner

giphy-downsized.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement