Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Up in Dublin waiting for some maintenance people to come and do some work on a building we own. Finally got good news from the HSE bed is being delivered home for my mum tomorrow morning so I will be able to get her out of hospital tomorrow afternoon as well. All my nagging them has paid off. Also got some home help in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

At the airport waiting to fly home to my beloved Ireland
    I'll be doing the same next Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

I'll be doing the same next Friday :D

Aww. We’ll be passing each other in the airport :(.

I'm sitting on the couch with a cup of tae and a biscuit. Himself will be gone all day and won't be back till late. What divilment can I get up to I wonder.

I'm sitting on the couch with a cup of tae and a biscuit. Himself will be gone all day and won't be back till late. What divilment can I get up to I wonder.

A lot can be done in a day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

In the day centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He was probably happy when the flu quietened you for a bit.

He was probably happy when the flu quietened you for a bit.

He did say "I had great peace when you had no voice" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cotside with the sun streaming into the room, door and window open. It's gorgeous. We have a balcony, lol we're on the posh side of the hospital :D

Hilarious last night. Oh hasn't been drinking since before Christmas last night with his work buddies he decided to have a few once they were finished. Now I was well warned in advance but holy crap, I was bringing the 3 year old to the loo about 3am and tripped over him inside the door. Lol fecking eejit got as far as the room and lay down on the floor.. then the 3 year old overslept, (she's our alarm ) so he was late and really hungover (possibly still under the influence) I laughed.. I laughed and laughed and laughed.. cos he was That Guy this time.the one he always frowns at...my poor man, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Applying butter to a scone fresh from the oven. My son is waiting very impatiently beside me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ninjini wrote: »
    Applying butter to a scone fresh from the oven. My son is waiting very impatiently beside me.

Was about to go get a horrible gingernut biscuit. Now I want a scone

Whispered wrote: »
    Was about to go get a horrible gingernut biscuit. Now I want a scone

I’ll swap you for a gingernut. One of my fave biscuits :D
    I’m currently browsing cake decorating pictures looking in envy at the skill level displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Ninjini wrote: »

Wondering which way most people pronounce scone. I pronounce it phonetically (and properly) whereas a lot of people leave the e silent and say 'scon'.
    I rarely complain about such trivial shyte, but this really grinds my gears.
    I hope your young chisler enjoyed his, I'd eat them all day if I could, love the fkn things to be honest, but that would leave little room for drinking and I'm fond of the occasional dram.

Eating a crappy centra sandwich for a late lunch. Wish I though of a ginger biscuit or a scone with jam.

Oh and it’s pronounced scone ;)

Wondering which way most people pronounce scone. I pronounce it phonetically (and properly) whereas a lot of people leave the e silent and say 'scon'.
    I rarely complain about such trivial shyte, but this really grinds my gears.
    I hope your young chisler enjoyed his, I'd eat them all day if I could, love the fkn things to be honest, but that would leave little room for drinking and I'm fond of the occasional dram.

It’s scone for me with the e firmly in place. My fella says scon just to wind me up :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Scone to rhyme with stone, or GTFO.

Don't particularly like them, but pronounce it right, ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Eating a crappy centra sandwich for a late lunch. Wish I though of a ginger biscuit or a scone with jam.

Oh and it’s pronounced scone ;)

I KNEW IT!!!! The dullards that said it was I pronouncing it wrong will have their houses razed to the ground!
    The Baileys are going to London!
    (yay)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

quickbeam wrote: »
    Scone to rhyme with stone, or GTFO.

Don't particularly like them, but pronounce it right, ffs!!

Deffo (although I must disagree on the liking business, I love them).

Somebody once explained to me the difference between FF and FG voters:
    FF voters eat their dinner in the middle of the day
    FG voters drink coffee

We can only surmise as to the political inuendo on the scone pronunciations!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Coffee Republic in Archway, enjoying a rare quiet moment with both kids asleep in the buggy after getting baby weighed at baby clinic. He's up 255g in 5 days, go boobs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just home from a viewing of the panto that I helped at. Was good craic.

Tired, been a long busy day and my toe is killing me.

Night.

• Advertisement

Witchie wrote: »
    Just home from a viewing of the panto that I helped at. Was good craic.

Tired, been a long busy day and my toe is killing me.

Night.

Night. Hope you had a good day earlier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Was at Future Shock earlier. Time flew there. 30 minutes just isn't enough for me.

Home after a long day. Ye dunno how fast I whipped off my uncomfortable suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

On the couch with munchkin in bed early, eating mini caramel waffles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed, just woke up from a nap *tummy rumbles* heading for kitchenside :3

On the sofa, with a pint of water - not on meds or pregnant ;) - watching the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

On the sofa, with a pint of water - not on meds or pregnant ;) - watching the football.

Same. Well I have meds I take everyday

Try_harder wrote: »
    Same. Well I have meds I take everyday

Sorry to hear that, was a stupid throwaway comment at Irish culture. Hope it’s not too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Sorry to hear that, was a stupid throwaway comment at Irish culture. Hope it’s not too serious.

He's trying to cure himself of being an arsenal fan...it's not working :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Just meds to balance my brain hormones and keep me relatively sane lol

No worries!!!

Is m.boards.ie not working properly for anyone else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement